Author Topic: Another Real World Build...Tamiya 1/48 F-14A The Mighty Tomcat!  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Aeroplanedriver

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Seems I'm on a real world modeling kick at the moment.  This is my eighth build since I started building around March 20.  Of the eight this is the 5th real world model.  I really must get back to Whiffing after this!! 

Anyhoo...magnificent kit.  The engineering allows for painting a lot of the major subassemblies before putting it all together, making fun tasks like masking a lot easier.  Touchup once it's all glued together wont be very extensive thanks to the amazing fit.  It'll be more blending in than anything. 

Building it completely OOB except for Eduard details for the already-nice kit seats.  Markings will be the kit decals for the VF84 "Jolly Rogers" CAG bird, USS Nimitz, 1979.  I just love Gull Gray over White! 

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: Another Real World Build...Tamiya 1/48 F-14A The Mighty Tomcat!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 04:28:33 PM »
 :smiley: 8)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 03:52:59 AM »
"Fear the Bones!"
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 06:32:20 AM »
Always good to see Gull Gray over White Tomcats!  :smiley:
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"