Author Topic: Real World 1/48 F-86D  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Aeroplanedriver

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Real World 1/48 F-86D
« on: April 27, 2020, 02:01:36 PM »
Here is my seventh build in exactly one month.  At the rate I'm going I'm going to need; A) A bigger house with more display space, and B). Counseling when life returns to normal.  

Kit is the ProModeler (RevelloGram) 1/48 early F-86D.  For the price the kit is amazing.  Not QUITE as good as new Tamiya stuff, but not far from it.  only filler on the whole build was a tiny dab of gap filling CA on the fuselage spine.  Paint was my first attempt at using Vallejo Metallics for anything more than details like exhausts and landing gear.  I'm fairly happy with it, and I'm sure I'll improve with practice.  Decals are from ScaleMaster and I was surprised at how much MicroSol it took to get them to really settle in. The large fuselage markings never really did settle into the panel lines like I would expect from aftermarket stuff.  Still, it looks good on the shelf so I'm happy with it for a four day build.  

​​​​​​​

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
Re: Real World 1/48 F-86D
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 02:24:51 PM »
Remember being there when F-86D was in service.   ADC was big operation.   This one is fine example.  8)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 05:46:39 PM »
Would you stop making me feel inadequate! :o

Another brilliant build completed in the same time it'd take me to open the bl@@dy box! :-\ :-X

Well done! :smiley: 8)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 09:09:34 PM »
Jolly nice build.  8) Dog Sabres are cool.

Have heard lots of good things about this kit.
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Online Robomog

• ...had a very bad experience with [an] orange...
  • Would you buy a used kit from this man?
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 09:28:47 AM »
Very nice  :smiley: :smiley:

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly Harmless...............