Author Topic: Sabre Dingo  (Read 29734 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: Sabre Dingo
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2024, 03:06:46 AM »
A two-seat Sabre in 1/48th scale would be nice to see some day.  The only one that I have knowledge of went out of business/production years ago but maybe some day soon...

The small fin at the rear of the Sabre looks like a simple solution to the stability issues that the forward mounted electronics pod would have created.  Simple and effective.
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2024, 03:15:14 AM »
A two-seat Sabre in 1/48th scale would be nice to see some day.  The only one that I have knowledge of went out of business/production years ago but maybe some day soon...

I have a 1/48 Fox 3 Studios TF-86 Conversion in the stash
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2024, 03:52:34 AM »
I have a 1/48 Fox 3 Studios TF-86 Conversion in the stash
I eMailed Gerry Asher/FOX 3 Studios fourteen years ago (2012) and was informed that they are now OOP with no current plans to bring it back into production and nothing further has come from that correspondence.   :(
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #28 on: Today at 12:16:33 PM »
Went back and did further digging on the Avon-Sabre Firestreak testbed and a Firestreak-carrying Sabre dingo doesn't look that promising as the support equipment for the Firestreak eats up a lot of volume (that's why the testbed had the flight test instrumentation in a bulged fairing under the aircraft).  Now I wonder if a radar swap out to allow the Sabre Dingo to carry one AIM-9B and one AIM-9C would work and would be worth it?