Author Topic: 1/24 Tamiya Calibra DTM  (Read 2093 times)

Offline Madhatter

• BTS's Tony Stark
  • trainee plastic surgeon
1/24 Tamiya Calibra DTM
« on: November 10, 2018, 03:04:09 PM »
hi guys

Here's another side project I have just finished - Tamiya's Opal Calibra DTM. Heavily inspired by the Zakspeed version (as well as Need For Speed cars), I went for a matte black colour. I'm not normally a "Matte Black car" kinda guy, but I do think it looks the part on this machine. I build this once before when I was in my very early twenties in red after seeing one like it in London but I had all the skills of a novice and it looked terrible

I modified the rear diffuser and and paddle shifters - stolen from a Aventador PE Set - to the wheel (no manual box for me)

I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.

Anyway, enough talking, time for pics:

I would LOVE to get the Revell BMW M3 DTM kit to do the same but it's rarer than rocking horse pooh. Maybe one day I'll find one or they'll re-release it (hopeful but unlikely)

Well, that's all I have. Back to the Star Destroyer this weekend and I'll try to finish the bridge section

Thanks for looking

Si
2 Reasons why a model is better than a wife:
1) A model doesn't get jealous when you look at another model
2) A model doesn't yell at you for spending money on another model

Offline Robomog

• ...had a very bad experience with [an] orange...
  • Would you buy a used kit from this man?
Re: 1/24 Tamiya Calibra DTM
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 09:47:12 PM »
Nice build, looks very good in black !

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly Harmless...............

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 09:01:14 AM »
Nice! :smiley:

Matte black looks good on some vehicles, big 4x4's in particular & some muscle cars, not sure I'm a huge fan of it here but the overall effect is pretty good.
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline andonio64

• Fio Piccolo's understudy
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 10:53:19 PM »
_Very_ nice build, the black finish is a masterpiece, the interiors as well look very accurate!

8)