Author Topic: Hippo Team: Stug III  (Read 4668 times)

Offline Feldmarschall Zod

• Kitbasher extroinadaire
  • Holding Pattern
  • I hope that's not the sound he makes...
Hippo Team: Stug III
« on: November 20, 2013, 06:05:34 AM »
From the Girls und Panzer anime series.

The dust is AK Interactive European dust. I brushed it on wet earlier,and brushed a lot of the excess off earlier today.

Every time you eat celery,an angel vomits in a gas station bathroom. Tanks rule. I know the load is late,but the voices tell me to pull over and clean the guns.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
Re: Hippo Team: Stug III
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 07:33:41 AM »
Another what-if straight out of the box - looks good Zod :D
(Japan did get a Stug-IIIG as a sample.)

I don't much like jets in anime schemes but they could offer some spare decals for these AFV models ;)  It'd be nice to see this in a Japanese cam scheme - green & brown with the yellow stripes or a Cherry-blossom cam !!

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 08:16:14 AM »
Another what-if straight out of the box - looks good Zod :D
(Japan did get a Stug-IIIG as a sample.)

I don't much like jets in anime schemes but they could offer some spare decals for these AFV models ;)  It'd be nice to see this in a Japanese cam scheme - green & brown with the yellow stripes or a Cherry-blossom cam !!
Thanks Raafif.

A future whif is of a Tiger I in Japanese cam and markings. Right now the hold up is,no 1/48 Japanese wartime tank markings that I know of.
Every time you eat celery,an angel vomits in a gas station bathroom. Tanks rule. I know the load is late,but the voices tell me to pull over and clean the guns.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 07:35:18 AM »
think you'll have to paint them yourself - even in 35th there's only a few kits of jap AFVs (Tamiya & FineMolds plus 2 resin kits of prototypes which don't have any decals.  Here's the Tamiya Chi-Ha decal ....

Have a look at ARC's tank drawings for a few ideas ...
http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=719.0
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 07:37:24 AM by raafif »

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 07:23:33 AM »
think you'll have to paint them yourself - even in 35th there's only a few kits of jap AFVs (Tamiya & FineMolds plus 2 resin kits of prototypes which don't have any decals.  Here's the Tamiya Chi-Ha decal ....

Have a look at ARC's tank drawings for a few ideas ...
http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=719.0

Thanks for the link and pix.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 12:52:23 AM »
I like this one a lot and the weathering is just right!

Brian da Basher