Author Topic: RAF (or RN?) Sea Guardian MRA.1  (Read 3574 times)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: RAF (or RN?) Sea Guardian MRA.1
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2022, 11:46:00 PM »
Sweet! 8)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2022, 01:33:55 AM »
 :smiley:
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Aeroplanedriver

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2022, 12:19:37 AM »
Got a Nimrod decal sheet to finally get the markings finished on this one.  Still no luck on sonobuoy pods or weapons, so I think I'll be scratch building Stingrays and keeping my eyes open for suitable sonobuoy pod materials until the last few days of the GB. 

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2022, 07:24:59 PM »
 :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Aeroplanedriver

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2022, 11:51:07 PM »
So literally within minutes of my last post yesterday inspiration struck and I think I found a good base to modify into sonobuoy launcher pods so hopefully when this one pops up as a Finished Build it will be sporting a full load of sonobuoys and torpedoes! 

On hold now though as the One Week GB starts tonight on the other site. 

Offline Aeroplanedriver

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2022, 12:38:52 PM »
Well dammit. Was there an extension on this one?  I could have sworn the end was July 1??  So I felt like I failed because I never got around to scratch building my Stingray torpedoes or my sonobuoy launchers.  But I DID finally tonight get on my 203 Sqn decals and took some mediocre pics to get it entered before the deadline.  And now I see the deadline is July 14.  So maybe I CAN get my torpedoes and sonobuoy launchers built!!  So I'm not gonna post it in finished builds just yet just in case I can find the time. But for now here is the same model in the same position (it's too big for my normal photo booth setup).  Nothing new other than a little green 203 Sqn marking on the ventral tail.  If nothing else gets done I'll call it finished and enter it but I'm going to try to get more done to it and better pics taken. 

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2022, 02:11:37 PM »
I really like how the came out. Nice work

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2022, 03:35:17 AM »
Sonobouys and torpedoes sounds awesome!