Poll

Vote Now for Best Physical Creation

Dassault MZI-46Q "Belphégore" by MAT
5 (62.5%)
VPAF (North Vietnamese Air Force) Nanchang Y-5 by robunos
3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: May 09, 2022, 08:31:36 PM

Author Topic: Completed Physical Creations ***Poll Added 5/2/2022***  (Read 1583 times)

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
  • Member number 100...WooHoo!!!
Completed Physical Creations ***Poll Added 5/2/2022***
« on: February 28, 2022, 10:48:16 PM »
This is the thread for posting completed physical models as well as links to build threads.

It's time to vote for Best Physical Creation! One (1) vote per, you can change your vote if you wish. Poll will run for 7 days.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 08:33:40 PM by LemonJello »

Offline MAT

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Re: Completed Physical Creations
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 09:09:02 PM »
Dassault MZI-46Q "Belphégore"

In the 1970's France was transforming in many ways. ”The General” (President Charles de Gaulle) had used his more than ten years in Palais de Élysée to take the country allmost out of NATO (OTAN in french) and followed a very anti-american foreign policy.

His successor, Georges Pompidou, tried to mend the relation to USA, though France never got the ”special relationsship”, that UK enjoyed, and France never became a part of ”The five Eyes” intelligence cooperation.

The next president in line, Valéry Giscard d'Estaing, went a step further. Leading a much more active foreign policy and attempting to draw former french colonies in Africa and southeast Asia closer to la Cinquième République. And as a result of that policy France decided to aid South Vietnam in its strugle with the north. With Dien Bien Phu and the Algerian War in clear memory,  troops on the ground were not an popular option, so the french goverment choose to send an air element. 

The choice was the most advanced plane in Armée de l'Air: The Dassault MZI.46Q – Better know as ”Belphégor”.

With a maximum speed of mach 4.2, this super plane could easely outrun the SR-71. A detachment of four recce planes from ERS 3/33 ”Moselle” were based on Phan Rang Air Base in South Vienam from the autum of 1978 operating with total immunity over North Vietnam and Southern China.

The models depicts a Dassault MZI-46Q from E.R.S. 3/33 ”Moselle” based at Phan Rang Air Base, South Vietnam in 1978
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 03:47:06 PM by MAT »

Offline robunos

• Can't afford the top wing of his biplanes...
Re: Completed Physical Creations
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 10:30:04 PM »

VPAF (North Vietnamese Air Force) Nanchang Y-5 transport, modified as a nocturnal nuisance raider, Vietnam, 1977.

More pictures and back story in the Build Thread,

https://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=10253.0

cheers,
Robin.
By the pricking of my thumbs, Something Whiff-y this way comes . . .

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: Completed Physical Creations ***Poll Added 5/2/2022***
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 09:31:27 PM »
Can I vote for both of them? ???

;)

Wish I could! :icon_crap:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Robomog

• ...had a very bad experience with [an] orange...
  • Would you buy a used kit from this man?
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2022, 07:45:58 AM »
 Im having the same conumdrum   :o :o

Mog
>^-.-^<
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 05:17:34 AM by Robomog »
Mostly Harmless...............

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
  • Member number 100...WooHoo!!!
Re: Completed Physical Creations **MISSION ACCOMPLISHED**
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2022, 08:29:46 PM »
Congratulations to MAT and their Dassault MZI-46Q "Belphégore"

Thanks to all that contributed and participated in this Group Build.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2022, 11:15:51 PM »
Congratulations, MAT! :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline MAT

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2022, 03:51:21 PM »
Thanks. It was fun to build  :))