Spanish F-5 Freedom Fighter by ysi_maniac
0 (0%)
USAF F-5 Freedom Fighter (radarless) by ysi_maniac
0 (0%)
USAF F-100 (radarless) by ysi_maniac
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: May 09, 2022, 08:39:29 PM

Author Topic: Completed Digital Creations ***Poll Added 5/2/2022***  (Read 1922 times)

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
  • Member number 100...WooHoo!!!
Completed Digital Creations ***Poll Added 5/2/2022***
« on: February 28, 2022, 10:49:08 PM »
This is the thread for posting completed Digital Creations.

Poll is up for Best Digital Creation.  Two (2) votes per, you can change your vote. Poll will run for 7 days.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 08:40:29 PM by LemonJello »

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
Re: Completed Digital Creations
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 08:20:51 AM »
By the 1970s Australia had maintained its aircraft industry by licence-building British designs.  As the war in Vietnam ramped up, Australia committed its bombers.  Designed by the Canadian Avro Company & manufactured in Australia by the Commonwealth Aircraft Company, the CAC-CAC Arrow was used to drop iron rather than nuclear bombs.

After the Korean War, Australia looked for a new ground-attack aircraft.  Opting for a twin-engine design, the RAAF chose the Canadian CF-100 Canuk, dubbed Canoz in RAAF service.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2022, 06:03:52 AM »
As the commitment to the war got bigger, Australia decided to go back to the Mother country for bigger aircraft.

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2022, 09:55:27 AM »
Great stuff!  :smiley:
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline ysi_maniac

• I will die understanding not this world
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 06:08:51 PM »
Spain goes to Vietnam

AFAIK this is RW history

“We will not withdraw, we will keep our word. Evacuating Vietnam now would force us to go to another battlefield very soon. It is a national duty, a promise that I, as president, will keep. What Lyndon B. Johnson was telling the world in this lecture delivered at John Hopkins University in Baltimore in April 1965 is that the United States was not going to withdraw from this war. He didn't care about the setbacks or the political cost. He was so convinced that he stuck out his chest and assured: "They will not defeat us, we will not get tired."

Lyndon B. Johnson, in 1964

More than 3,000 marines had just landed in Da Nang and the United States was now seeking military support from different countries to throw everything into Vietnam.

He wanted total war. His Secretary of Defense, Robert McNamara, was convinced that only in this way could they close that episode before Christmas with a landslide victory. To win over these allies, the White House faked an attack on its USS Maddox destroyer that, years later, was shown by the Pentagon Papers to have never taken place. But it did not matter, because at that moment it served as a pretext to justify open intervention with all possible military potential. An intervention that was going to suppose, with the sending of more than 500,000 soldiers, the largest military mobilization in the country since the Second World War.

One of the first countries he asked for help was Spain, as the good enemy of communism that he knew it was. In addition, Franco had become a reliable ally with the signing of the agreements with President Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1959, by which the United States brought its first military bases to the Iberian Peninsula. Johnson sent a letter to the Spanish head of state, convinced that the answer will not be "no".

In this letter, dated July 26, 1965, the American president tells him things like:

“Over the last few days I have been reviewing the situation in light of very recent reports from my most trusted collaborators. Although final decisions have not yet been made, I can tell you that it will be necessary to increase the Armed Forces of the United States by a number that could equal, or exceed, that of 80,000 men [...]. In this situation, I must express my deep personal conviction that the prospects for peace in Vietnam will increase to the extent that the necessary efforts of the United States are supported and shared by other nations that share our purposes and concerns. I know that your Government has already shown its interest and concern by granting assistance. I ask you now to give serious consideration to increasing such assistance through methods that clearly indicate to the world (and especially to Hanoi) the solidarity of international support for the resistance against aggression in Vietnam [...]. Sincerely, Lyndon B. Johnson."

The Democrat president was very sure of himself, perhaps motivated by the success his domestic policies were having. That same year he had managed to get many of his social programs approved, some as important as low-cost housing, federal aid for education, the arts and humanities, health insurance for the elderly (Medicare), another for the most disadvantaged (Medicaid) and, above all, the famous Voting Rights Act, by which millions of African-Americans were finally able to go to the polls. His goal was to build a nation where all citizens had the same opportunities and a good quality of life.

However, and as a consequence of this growing interventionism, a divorce began to take place between the ruling class and an increasingly anti-war American society. An awareness that was influenced by the horrors spread by the media and fueled by the massive demonstrations against the war.

In this situation, Franco's response, delivered by the ambassador in Washington Mr Merry del Val three weeks later, was not what was expected. In it, the dictator gave Johnson a series of pieces of advice so that he would abandon that war which, according to him, was going to lead him to complete failure.

Now speculation.

What if the answer were "OK"?

New variants of Super Saeta.

Spanish Sabre in SEA scheme.

Freedom Fighter

Lots of missions over Vietnam

« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 06:17:47 PM by ysi_maniac »

Offline ysi_maniac

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2022, 08:28:24 AM »
USAF: A pair of simple radarless fighters to attack in Vietnam War

« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 08:35:22 AM by ysi_maniac »

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
  • Member number 100...WooHoo!!!
Re: Completed Digital Creations **MISSION ACCOMPLISHED**
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2022, 08:32:13 PM »
We have a tie!

Congratulations to raafif and their RAAF Bushranger and to ysi_maniac and their Spanish Sabre.

Thanks to all that contributed and participated in this Group Build.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: Completed Digital Creations ***Poll Added 5/2/2022***
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2022, 11:14:23 PM »
Congrat's, raafif & ysi_maniac! Well done to you both! :smiley: :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline raafif

• Whiffing Insane
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2022, 09:05:44 AM »
thanks guys.

Yippee to Ysi & me :D

Offline ysi_maniac

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2022, 01:46:58 PM »
Thanks! :-*