Author Topic: KAGUYA-aka SELENE,byAoshima-in 1/72,with stand  (Read 2631 times)

jetboy

KAGUYA-aka SELENE,byAoshima-in 1/72,with stand
« on: April 03, 2013, 05:05:18 PM »
Hi,just finished this over Easter,it was actually,a remake of one of my projects,due to the supplied stand didnt really live up to its job,and the flimsy butt joint on the solar panel,kept snapping due to the weight of the panel....I dont want to bore you all,or teach any one to suck eggs?but if you would prefer me to put a brief history,of the subject,ive no probs with that,as its what i usually do?
Anyway here,s some pics,please let me know what you think,i absolutely hate painting,i just do the best i can,and hope it improves with practice,which i think is how modelling should be,unless its your job?,then you should be S**t Hot..cheers Don

satellite named after the goddess of the moon,and an old japanese fable supplied the name KAGUYA,also the smaller probes which detached in the mission,were supplied names from this story as well.
selene,s the good looking one,bottom right..lol

the red wire is just my representation of the probe departing,btw

alot of people use the gold foil for a covering,but i prefer the paint method,does,nt look as accurate but the detail is better to see?imho.

scalpel there for size

the other probe detached

if you want any more details or history or anything just ask,best wishes Don

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: KAGUYA-aka SELENE,byAoshima-in 1/72,with stand
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 05:22:17 PM »
Very well done.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 03:52:24 AM »
Most excellent, Jetboy! Looks every bit the real deal!

Welcome to BTS! I hope you'll share more of your work with us.

Brian da Basher

jetboy

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 04:58:32 AM »
hi,brian,thanx for that,i do have a lot to share,if wanted,you might get sick of it?if your not careful,i just love modelling space,missiles ,rockets,and funnily enough ,every now and again ive got to build something AA,be itguns,or missiles,dont know why,maybe its because its a poor second to missiles,and i feel sorry for the subject lol,my only pitfall is i cannot do justice to some of my builds,i cannot spend months and months on a subject, just have to move on to something else,then go back,and i dont enjoy painting.but i have a go,if something looks ok to me ,that will do,though,if someone points a way to do something a better way,or a different method,im all up for that,never turn my nose up at learning something new,btw,im not very computer literate,so bear with me,we all have to learn somewhere?
anyway,brill site,wish id found it earlier,but hey ho..cheers Don,aka jetboy