Author Topic: Resin2Detail (Brian Watkins)  (Read 6557 times)

Online The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
Resin2Detail (Brian Watkins)
« on: December 22, 2015, 06:52:11 PM »
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: Resin2Detail (Brian Watkins)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 03:08:53 AM »
Looks like something that FinsRin would like to have for his gunboat projects. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 03:23:49 AM »
Looks like something that FinsRin would like to have for his gunboat projects.
Yes  :-*,,,   ordered four

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 12:07:44 PM »
Brian Watkins at Resin2Detail has recently released a number of new detail items in 1:72nd and 1:48th scale.  The one item that really caught my eye this time around was the "Disney Bomb."  This weapon was designed around a very large penetration (armour and concrete) bomb with a battery of solid rocket motors that would ignite after a short delay when the weapon was released from the carrier aircraft.  The rocket motor ignition then drove the bomb at high speed towards the target where the kinetic energy of the weapon would overcome any armor and concrete barriers to explode inside the target structure.  More information on the weapon can be found at Wikipedia - Disney Bomb if you wish to learn more about this weapon.  Clicking on the image below will take you to the same page. 

(image source: Wikipedia - Disney Bomb

Link to: 

Resin2Detail AC48053 1:72nd scale 4,500 Lb Rocket-Assisted Bunker Buster Bomb

Resin2Detail AC48053 1:48th scale 4,500 Lb Rocket-Assisted Bunker Buster Bomb

I would also like to add that after these items were initially offered I contacted Mr. Watkins to inquire about the practicality of selling these things as individual items of one bomb each by pointing out that the carrying aircraft all carried two of the things.  That prompted a reply from Brian to let me know that he has dropped the price ever so slightly to encourage customers to purchase two instead of one to make up for this oversight.  I appreciate this type of response from the maker and it has convinced me to go forward with a purchase of this item and a few other items that are now available at Resin2Detail. 

***Edit to correct spelling: Oversight instead of over sight... jjf
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 03:47:04 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 11:39:01 AM »
Just received the following reply from Brian Watkins:
Thank you so much Jeff for your post and for your kind words on the set -- you will be very happy with them! I appreciate your support very much

Please feel free to offer the following coupon code to the BTS forum members, for a 10% cart discount

BTS2016

Your set will be going out to you shortly :-)

Take care,

Brian peddlerofnj@yahoo.com

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 10:00:14 PM »
Generous! :)

And good business sense, too. ;)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline castlegaiden

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
    • RESIN2detail
AC72023 - 1/72 USAAF 75-Gal Wing Tanks!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 10:03:41 AM »
Product Description

AC72023

These accessories are a must-have if you are building a 1/72 USAAF Pacific Theater fighter — these are unique and will be sure to make your P-51 or P-47 stand out!  Typically, these were paired with M40 Parafrag bombs on side-by-side pylons.  (1/72 Parafrags are available HERE).

Set comes with 2x 1/72 USAAF tanks, complete with delicate weld seams and joints, as seen on the real thing!  An oil wash would make all of the detail pop! Supports were thoughtfully designed to facilitate the easiest clean-up possible, given its oblong shape.

Available for purchase HERE

Perfect for the beginner through advanced modeler.

Not intended for modelers under the age of 13.

Made in USA.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 10:05:41 AM by castlegaiden »

Offline castlegaiden

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
    • RESIN2detail
New Releases for the week of 8/22/16
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 01:56:41 AM »
Hello folks!

Here is  list of new releases on resin2detail.com!

AC48087

Mounted on the wing hard points of many USAAF aircraft during the Second World War, these rockets unleashed a formidable barrage of firepower against a variety of ground targets – convoys, tanks, buildings, etc.  Any P-47 or P-51 could be modified to become a fighter/bomber/strafer with these mounted under their wings!  These also saw use by the A-20 Havoc crews in Europe (6 rocket tubes per wing!).

This set comes complete with the parts needed to build 6 rocket tubes (3 under each wing).  Each part is meticulously crafted and designed to meet the most demanding modeling need.

Available for purchase for only $7.99 (plus shipping)

http://resin2detail.com/product/ac48087

Instructions included

Great for the intermediate through advanced modeler – not intended for modelers under the age of 13.

Made in the USA.

AC32030

Pick up a set of these radio transmitters and receivers for your WWII USAAF aircraft or diorama!  Detailed right down to the most minute knob and dial, you will not be disappointed with overall value, detail and craftsmanship!

These were seen inside many USAAF aircraft – and will add greatly to the realism and overall appearance of visible spaces with your model.

Available for purchase for only $7.99 (plus shipping) by clicking HERE!

Intended for the beginner through advanced modeler

http://resin2detail.com/product/ac32030

AC48089

Pick up a set of these radio transmitters and receivers for your WWII USAAF aircraft or diorama!  Detailed right down to the most minute knob and dial, you will not be disappointed with overall value, detail and craftsmanship!

These were seen in many USAAF aircraft – and will add greatly to the realism and overall appearance of visible spaces with your model.

Intended for the beginner through advanced modeler

Available for purchase for only $6.99 (plus shipping) HERE!

Made in USA.

http://resin2detail.com/product/ac48089

Online The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2018, 06:00:33 AM »
Via their Facebook page.

Another surprise release forthcoming - accurate 1/48 XB-38 Conversion for the Revell "F" kit. Will be bundled complete with 4 replacement cowlings & spinners, prop blades and modified inner air intakes. Cowls feature recessed panel line and rivet detail along with accurate profile and ventral "vent" Hope you like!

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 06:34:53 AM by The Big Gimper »

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2018, 06:33:24 AM »
 :smiley:
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • άber Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2018, 10:20:33 AM »
Nice!!!  FIrst whiffy thoughts are B-38B equivalent to B-17G and applying these engine installations to a B-24.

Any chance of this set also being done in 1/72?

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2018, 02:50:58 PM »
I am one that is certainly looking forward to having a couple sets of that XB-38 conversion in hand as soon as they become available.  After suffering the experience of purchasing the crap that was sold by Rebellion Creations as an XB-38 conversion that consisted of blobs of resin that were horribly cast.  I can see from the images that this is going to be a much better product. 

Online The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2018, 12:50:11 AM »
Nice!!!  FIrst whiffy thoughts are B-38B equivalent to B-17G and applying these engine installations to a B-24.

I just asked Evan and Brian said: "Yes -- stay tuned:-)"

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2018, 01:30:44 AM »

I just asked Evan and Brian said: "Yes -- stay tuned:-)"
Am staying tuned !

Offline KiwiZac

• The Modeller Formerly Known As K5054NZ
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2018, 05:17:11 AM »
Fantastic! There's a great XB-38 from the early days of Modelling Madness that caught my imagination as a teen and I'm excited at the prospect of a 1/72 conversion. And I have a second-hand B-17 build from a friend...
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2019, 04:09:57 AM »
1/48 P-2V Neptune Multimedia Kit (Vacuform, 3D Printed Resin, PE, Decals and most likely vinyl masks as well).

SP-2H/P2V-7 May/June 2019
AP-2H/RB-69/OP-2E Summer 2019
P-2J (Kawasaki) Summer 2019
P2V-5 w/Emerson Nose Turret (possible release)

High-quality vacuform fuselage/wing/nacelle/canopy pieces (think Koster Aero quality); finely 3D printed grey resin detail parts (again, think of KAE from an overall detail perspective); photo-etched detail parts; professionally screen-printed decals (2-3 different marking options per kit); vinyl canopy, wheel and insignia/BuNo masks

$174.99 price per kit (just an estimate at this point). Will be available on RESIN2detail.com

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2019, 04:41:48 AM »
<cricket sounds> <cricket sounds> <cricket sounds> <cricket sounds> when will the 48th scale XB-38 conversion be available? <cricket sounds> <cricket sounds> <cricket sounds>

Also may as well scale it up to 1:32nd scale since the HK B-17 is now available.