Author Topic: Revell  (Read 124267 times)

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
Revell
« on: January 01, 2012, 07:53:40 AM »
Revell news for 2012! CLICKY!

Yay! 1/144 F-16C!

New SPz Puma in 1/35, new-tool He 219 and Me 109G-6 in 1/32, new modern German, British and US pilot figures in 1/72 (double-yay for those!), re-intro of the 1/48 Rafale M (probably with the updated parts), re-box of the Zvezda 1/72 Sukhoi PAK-FA, the 1/72 Sea King makes a comeback,....
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Maverick

• Suffers from 'Fat Fingers' and accidentally locks his own thread...
  • Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
Re: Revell
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 08:30:41 AM »
Some nice stuff in there to be sure.  The 32nd Lynx was a surprise.  Pity they didn't do it in 35th.

Regards,

John
Regards,

John

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 08:35:09 AM »
The official description for this huge weapon was M65 280mm Heavy Motorized Gun.  Unfortunately it is better known as Atomic Cannon thanks to one of the units making history when it fired the first ever live artillery fired atomic projectile at Frenchmen Flats, Nevada Proving Ground on May 25th, 1953. 

Click image to view much larger image

(image source: Wikipedia/Atomic Energy Commission, now known as Department of Energy)

(image source: Michael Benolkin/CyberModeler)

On-line kit reviews:

Michael Benolkin on CyberModeler at this link: Revell (Renwal) 1/32 Atomic Cannon

Mike Whye on Internet Modeler at this link: Renwal (Revell) 1/32 Atomic Cannon

References:

Wikipedia - M65 Atomic Cannon

For additional viewing enjoyment you really need to see this Sratch Build 1/72nd scale M65 280mm Heavy Motorized Gun, built by Paul Gaertner, Crozet, Virginia
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 05:02:00 AM by jeffryfontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 02:21:20 PM »
The PUMA IFV is a welcome addition. 

Pity they didn't do the Leonardo da Vinci stuff in 1/35 or even 1/48.  Would have made for a possible interesting diorama...
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 04:58:05 AM »
The PUMA IFV is a welcome addition.

Certainly looking forward to seeing the Puma kit.  So many possibilities . . .
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 05:09:58 AM »
Revell's PV-1 Ventura built by Dieter Wiegmann can be seen at this link on Hyperscale: http://www.hyperscale.com/2012/galleries/pv148dw_1.htm

Click on link to view the article and additional images

(image source: Dieter Wiegmann/Hyperscale)

Apparently Dieter was one of the fortunate few that was provided with an advance copy of the model to build up for a review.  Certainly looks good from the images included in the article. 

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 04:06:07 PM »
Thomas Geier has provided images of the Revell of Germany 1/72nd scale Airbus A400M "Grizzly" (Nr. 04800) in an in-box kit review at Modellversium

(image source: Thomas Geier/Modellversium)

It was certainly nice of Revell to include feathered and unfeathered propellers in the kit. 

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 02:20:53 AM »
Thomas Hofmann provides an in-box kit review of the Revell of Germany 1/35th scale GTK (GTFz) Boxer (product number 03093) with plenty of images showing what is provided in this kit at Modellversium

(Click on image or html to view the article.  Image source: Thomas Hofmann/Modellversium)

This is an interesting kit with the personnel carrier module being a separate component that can be removed to reveal the details underneath the module that would normally be hidden from view.  My first thoughts were to start wondering how this vehicle would look with a standard fifth wheel mounted in that space to pull a trailer or modify it to become a cargo truck with stake sides and bench seats from one of the cargo truck kits.  It would certainly be an interesting diversion from following the kit instructions. 

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 12:22:14 AM »
The Renwal Mace Missile kit with the very unique looking FWD MM-1 Teracruzer missile transporter, erector, launcher vehicle is to be released again in a Renwal branded retro-look boxing by Revell. 

Click on image or html to view details.

(Image source: Revell)

Details were found on the Revell New Products Announcements Page
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 10:29:45 PM by Jeffry Fontaine »

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 02:12:17 AM »
Hmmm...that could be buyable just for the transporter wheels...

Offline tsrjoe

• Has been volunteered... for something...
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 02:22:58 AM »
just perfect for mounting a ZELL. F.100 or F.104  8)

i recall the standard mobile ZELL. launcher was same unit used by the Martin Matador, predecessor of the Mace  ;D

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 02:49:34 AM »
Hmmm...that could be buyable just for the transporter wheels...

I had the previous release under the Revell "History Makers" brand name and the box was huge.  A friend of mine convinced me that he should undertake the task of building the thing and so it was left in his custody.  About the only thing I liked about the kit was the missile launcher which appealed to me for the similarities it had with the USAF ZELL program.  I was liking the idea of mounting something other than a Mace missile on it. 

What other modeling possibilities are there for a model of the FWD MM-1 Terracruzer?  How about this?  FWD MM-1 Terracruzer supporting a gold mine operation in Alaska

History of the FWD MM-1 Terracruzer in USAF service

Wikipedia - TM-76 (MGM-13/CGM-13) Mace Missile

FWD Terracruzer (pdf file download from unusuallocomotion.com)

Google Image Search Results for ''FWD Terracruzer''

Offline Maverick

• Suffers from 'Fat Fingers' and accidentally locks his own thread...
  • Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 07:36:02 AM »
Hell either which way, at 32nd scale that's a beauty.  My initial thoughts are a 72nd bomber for the Mace and god knows what whiffy goodness for the Terracruzer.

Regards,

John
Regards,

John

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 09:43:54 PM »
Guido Hopp provides an in-box kit review of the Revell of Germany 1/32nd scale MiG-29UB/GT (product number 04751) with plenty of images showing what is provided in this kit at Modellversium

(Click on image or html to view the article. 

Image source: Guido Hopp/Modellversium)

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 07:08:12 AM »
I'm going to get a Teracruiser & do it as one of the supply trucks used at the US Antarctic base.  Tower Hobbies has the kit for US$63 & one only has been ordered by the Oz Revell agent but it retails here for AU$110 ???
Back in the 1980s IPMS-USA did a two-part article on how to correct & spiff it up.

I may also get the new Revell "Visible Giraffe" when it surfaces ;D
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:10:21 AM by raafif »

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 08:14:38 AM »
Back in the 1980s IPMS-USA did a two-part article on how to correct & spiff it up.

IPMS USA V21-3 and V21-4 are the two volumes that you need to find. 

Thanks to the question being raised a week ago on Missing-Lynx forums which is where that information came from. 

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 11:05:31 AM »
<...>
I may also get the new Revell "Visible Giraffe" when it surfaces ;D

Put lots of little Greeks inside!  ;)
And a sign saying something like "Military failures swept under history's carpet: the Trojan Giraffe" or something like that.
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 07:31:08 AM »
IPMS Deutschland First Look in-box kit review of the Revell 1/48th scale Westland Wessex HAS Mk.3 (Kit Number 04898)

Click on html or image to view. 

(Image source: Steffen Arndt/IPMS Deutschland)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2012, 11:25:30 AM »

Click on thumbnail image or html to view.

Revell 1/48th scale UH-34D Seahorse (Kit # 5323) in-box kit review uploaded to CyberModeler by Michael Benolkin. 

A bonus set of images showing both new and old sprues side by side so you can see what was changed on the new kit.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:31:36 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 02:32:45 AM »
The Puma IFV is now available...I have just ordered mine ;)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 03:17:39 AM »
The Puma IFV is now available...I have just ordered mine ;)

Giggity Giggity Giggity!  :-*

Guess I will have to make my desires known with Emil at Skyway and see how fast he can get them in.  At least four I suspect, mayabe more...

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
  • Lost but now foun .... nope - still lost!
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 04:29:13 AM »
That's a nice looking box of spares  .......  ;) :icon_ninja:

Wierd how I tend to look at most kit's in that way first ...........

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 05:02:12 AM »
That's a nice looking box of spares  .......  ;) :icon_ninja:

Wierd how I tend to look at most kit's in that way first ...........

Same with me in some cases.  That gun turret with the sensors just begs to be applied to another vehicle :)

The new Revell 1/35 Puma looks like it can lend a hand in making a modernized M114.

That is not such a crazy idea and certainly worth exploring.  Have to see what can be done once the kit is in hand. 

Offline Diavel

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2012, 06:00:02 AM »
would be nice to see that in 72nd scale too
Chris
Just call me the thread killer.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2012, 06:54:36 AM »
would be nice to see that in 72nd scale too
Chris

I was expecting it to be released in 1/72nd scale so I was quite pleased to discover it was a 1/35th scale kit.  One kit that I do wish Revell would release in 1/35 scale is their little Fennek Armored Reconnaissance Vehicle which is currently only available as a 1/72nd scale kit.  :(