Author Topic: Hasegawa Zero 21 from the "Shidenkai no Maki" manga comic book.  (Read 2860 times)

Offline CSMO

• Don't need no filthy stinking airbrush!
  • Plastic Butcher, & Master of Three-foot Scale.
I bought this weird three-pack because the thing was cheap. It cost me less than $17.00 including shipping. The George and Tony will be built as actual aircraft. Having built two Purple Rufe floatplanes(which the pundits have totally de-bunked). I figured a Purple Zero would look good in my hangar.

"Shidenkai no Maki" features Japanese high school girls flying WW2 fighter planes. Somebody's thinking "outside-the-box".

Construction is OOB. The manga markings are used. The figure on the fin is a masked bunny rabbit.

This model is brush-painted, as are all of my models. Don't need no feelthy steenking airbrush! The upper color is Pollyscale German WW1 Mauve, right out of the bottle. The cowling is homemade Maroon mixed from Vallejo Vermillion and Prussian Blue.

The undersides are painted a lighter shade of the top color. I just added some Pollyscale White to the German WW1 Mauve.

As an experiment, I made the translucent Blue Aotake anti-corrosion primer by painting Future mixed with Blue food coloring over brush-painted Testors Flat Aluminum. The idea still needs a little tinkering, but I like it.

Adios, Larry.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 08:59:12 AM by CSMO »
Field Artillerymen do it with a bigger BANG!

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
Re: Hasegawa Zero 21 from the "Shidenkai no Maki" manga comic book.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 11:03:30 AM »
Nice pink model!
Do you know if the sign on the roundel has a meaning? (like "flower" or something)

Offline CSMO

• Don't need no filthy stinking airbrush!
  • Plastic Butcher, & Master of Three-foot Scale.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 11:23:39 AM »
I think it's the name of the high school that the girls attend. Could be wrong, tho!

Adios, Larry.
Field Artillerymen do it with a bigger BANG!

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 12:42:04 PM »
Girls und Panzer has an air force now?

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 04:35:09 AM »
Great build! And love the ninja bunny markings  :)

Do you know if the sign on the roundel has a meaning? (like "flower" or something)

in katakana script is transliterated as the letter 'i' in English (and rōmaji)
"It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes." - Agent Rogersz