Author Topic: Takom Models  (Read 149147 times)

Offline Jacques Deguerre

• Older and fatter but not wiser.
Re: Takom Models
« Reply #200 on: November 24, 2016, 03:58:35 AM »
 :-* Ooooo.... Late/Post War American heavies. Yeeeessss!

I'm still hoping for a T23E3 but these are really nice too.

Offline Zaskar24

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #201 on: November 24, 2016, 06:01:09 AM »
Looking forward to these two kits. Knocks 3 tanks off of my list. Glad to see that the T29 will have the "ears" for the rangefinder. 

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #202 on: November 25, 2016, 01:51:30 AM »
The T30 will be interesting.  Post War, Israeli perhaps...
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline tankmodeler

• Wisely picking parts of the real universe 2 ignore
« Reply #203 on: November 25, 2016, 04:58:52 AM »
Yeah, I've been wanting a T29-T30-T34 for years since photographing them at Knox 25 years ago. Fricken enormous and impressive beasts.

And yeah, WHIFing them into a Cold war or Israeli service vehicle would be very cool.

Imagine a T29 on about 1962 in Bundeswehr service fitted with an AVDS engine from the M60, an M48 cupola for the commander, different/enlarged fender stowage boxes,  the bow gunner's spot faired over and IR headlights and searchlight! That might just have to be a thing...

Paul

Offline Feldmarschall Zod

• Kitbasher extroinadaire
  • Holding Pattern
  • I hope that's not the sound he makes...
« Reply #204 on: November 25, 2016, 09:37:21 AM »
The T30 will be interesting.  Post War, Israeli perhaps...

Or either one say in the 16th Armored Division from the Operation Red Gambit series. ;D
Every time you eat celery,an angel vomits in a gas station bathroom. Tanks rule. I know the load is late,but the voices tell me to pull over and clean the guns.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #205 on: November 26, 2016, 04:33:33 AM »
Captured Wehrmacht/Heer one in a '46 style scenario

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #206 on: November 26, 2016, 12:24:45 PM »

Oh, frack no. Frack the freakin' Nazis, they didn't die soon enough, why the hell would anyone want to continue their reign, even fictionally? Six millions jews, 25 million 'Russians', hundreds of thousands of various 'others' aren't enough? How about the hundreds of thousands on the Allied side? Kill more of them?
Enough of the '46 BS already. Ditto the Kaigun '46 Imperial Japan BS.
Anyhow, if those Nazi bastards had been able to survive into 1946 there wouldn't have been a Wehrmacht/Heer
it would have all been SS, Heydrich and Himmler's 1937 dream come true and where the German forces
were headed from 1943 on, a path that only accelerated following the failed bomb attempt.
 :icon_zombie: :icon_twisted: C:-) :icon_fsm:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 04:17:06 AM by jcf »
“Conspiracy theory’s got to be simple.
Sense doesn’t come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated shit
actually is than they ever are about
whatever’s supposed to be behind the
conspiracy.”
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #207 on: November 26, 2016, 10:48:50 PM »

Oh, fuck no. Fuck the freakin' Nazis, they didn't die soon enough, why the hell would anyone want to continue
their reign, even fictionally? Six millions jews, 25 million 'Russians', hundreds of thousands of various 'others'
aren't enough? How about the hundreds of thousands on the Allied side? Kill more of them?
Enough of the '46 bullshit already. Ditto the Kaigun '46 Imperial Japan BS.
Anyhow, if those Nazi cunts had been able to survive into 1946 there wouldn't have been a Wehrmacht/Heer
it would have all been SS, Heydrich and Himmler's 1937 dream come true and where the German forces
were headed from 1943 on, a path that only accelerated following the failed bomb attempt.
 :icon_zombie: :icon_twisted: C:-) :icon_fsm:

Love the engineering but hate the ideology.  Personally I think its too bad France and Britain didn't mobilise and wipe them out in in 1936 when they violated the Treaty of Versailles by remilitarising the Rhineland.  Rather than 1946 scenarios I prefer that adoption, after further development, of German tech into the militaries of newly independent and/or established nations who did have huge amounts of near new allied equipment.

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #208 on: November 27, 2016, 02:03:43 AM »

Oh, fuck no. Fuck the freakin' Nazis, they didn't die soon enough, why the hell would anyone want to continue
their reign, even fictionally? <...>

Preach it, brother!  :)
Storylines aside, I'm afraid this '46 stuff is fast becoming a whiffing cliché. Looking at what-if articles by "serious modellers" (whatever that means) in modelling magazines, it's almost invariably some '46 subject. 9 times out of 10 it's some Nazi tank or plane. The remainder is covered by Allied tanks such as Meng's Tortoise, Dragon's T28 and Trumpeter's Soviet heavies.
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #209 on: November 27, 2016, 02:09:33 AM »
Fair enough - it was just a suggestion. ;)

I see HobbyBoss have also announced a T29.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #210 on: November 27, 2016, 02:23:55 AM »
Another suggestion would be to look at some of the M47/M48 users and put either the T29 or T30 in their schemes as well.

Offline Zaskar24

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #211 on: November 27, 2016, 02:45:20 AM »
I know that Trumpeteer has a T29 coming out. Though the picture of there's does not show the range finders.

I also agree with JCF. Have been sick of all of the Wunder '46 weapons that would only have cost more lives needlessly.

Just glad to finally be seeing some of the ally equipment that was in the pipeline is great.

Also looking forward to seeing what people come up with for them in service.

T29's in Korea fighting North Korean/Chinese IS-2/3s? A diorama of a T29 on a hillside firing position as waves of Chinese swarm up to try and over run it and the infantry platoon with it?

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #212 on: November 27, 2016, 05:56:04 AM »
All of these new armor subjects that are not Tigers, Panthers, E-XXX and are nice to see but FFS, when is someone going to release an affordable Pershing I and II in 1:35th scale?  The early Pershing on the Tracked TEL and the later version on wheels would be nice to see along with the Lance, Sergeant, Little David, and Honest John systems.  Davey Crockett would also be a nice subject to see with the two versions that were fielded on the M59/M113, M38, and M151/M274. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Volkodav

« Reply #213 on: November 27, 2016, 07:56:47 AM »
The only 46 scenarios I have ever been comfortable with are the "no Hitler" ones where he either never exists, never comes to power, or is removed before the war (yes I know the NAZI party would still exist but the scenarios assume it cant rise to or hold power), leaving Stalin as the big baddy and Franco, Mussolini etc. annoyances rather than real threats.  Imperial Japan would be the wild card with it coming down to what they thought they could get away with, verses what they thought they could gain.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #214 on: November 27, 2016, 08:01:43 AM »
I would like to see some French stuff released in 1/35.  Examples might be:

French AMX-50 series:

Perhaps a AMX30 Pluton:

or even a !RL-44:

Offline Volkodav

« Reply #215 on: November 27, 2016, 08:14:49 AM »
I would like to see some of the B vehicles, trucks, transporters etc. as well as cold war second line armoured vehicles, liaison, reconnaissance types etc.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #216 on: November 27, 2016, 10:33:50 AM »
Another cold war armored vehicle [I use that term for this subject with tongue in cheek] that would also be nice to see as an affordable injection-molded kit would be the M114 ACRV that was all but useless in real life but made an excellent tank gunnery target.  The current 1:35th scale kit that is available from Accurate Armour is quite expensive and even with their street cred on research it was most amusing to see that they have included M16A2 rifles in the kit.  The M114 was long gone by the time the M16A2 was issued to the troop :)
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Crbad

• I'd buy that for a dollar!
« Reply #217 on: November 28, 2016, 01:18:59 AM »
I just finished a panzer 46 kitbash!  :-[  I'll be in my room... * slams door, starts playing Morrissey records...
Craig's Bureau of Aeronautics Design: Shoddy engineering and marginal skill for the undiscerning modelling enthusiast.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #218 on: January 17, 2017, 02:11:13 AM »
New ones/box art:

Offline Volkodav

« Reply #219 on: January 17, 2017, 05:35:28 PM »
A very simple whiff, the FV432 was assessed against the M-113 so could have been selected for the RAAC.

I wonder if they will produce the upgraded Bulldog version used in Iraq.

Offline Rickshaw

• "Of course, I could be talking out of my hat"
« Reply #220 on: January 17, 2017, 07:18:03 PM »
A very simple whiff, the FV432 was assessed against the M-113 so could have been selected for the RAAC.

The position of the exhaust pipe and muffler prevented that.  It prevented the vehicle from "leaning" against trees on the left-hand side unlike the M113.   The FV432 however was roomier inside than the M113.

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #221 on: January 17, 2017, 08:06:01 PM »
FV432 me away.
My last 432 effort was an Accurate Armour piece, nice enough but injection any day.
Thanks Rickshaw for the snippet on one of the reasons the 432 did not get the gig for RAAC.

Still and AS1 version may have resolved that issue perhaps.
Hmmmmm

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #222 on: January 18, 2017, 02:12:00 AM »

Slightly more extravagant whiff:  turn one into an Australian FV432 Fire Support Vehicle (FSV) with Saladin Turret ala real world M113 FSV (seen below):

« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 02:13:34 AM by GTX_Admin »

Offline Volkodav

« Reply #223 on: January 18, 2017, 09:15:39 PM »
Well that FSV is actually an MRV  ;)  The FSV used the Saladin turret and was literally a fire support vehicle while the MRV had the Scorpion turret and was a medium reconnaissance vehicle used to up the combat power of the RAAC Cavalry whose main mount was the LRV / light reconnaissance vehicle with .30/.50cal combo in a T50 turret, while the APC version used twin .30s in the same turret.

The brits had either a Fox or Scimitar Turret on some of their FV432s in BAOR so I imaging a Scorpion turret would be fairly easy to do.  M-113 was a good bit of kit in its day but retained far too long in front line roles in Aust, the FV432 may have suffered the same fate if selected, but then again it may have been seen as less upgradable than the M-113 (due to the huge number of options developed by various users) and therefore replaced earlier, though I still think the Mk3 / Bulldog upgrade was cool.

Looking what the UK eventually achieved with the Mk3 it is conceivable that Australia could have specified a quite impressive improved vehicle earlier, i.e. the Scorpion and Scimitar turrets, the T50 turret, more powerful diesel engine and improved armour.  Retained an upgraded in the 90s and 2000s it could have been vastly superior to the AS4 M-113s.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #224 on: January 19, 2017, 02:34:26 AM »
Fair point:

Either way, idea conveyed.