Author Topic: 1/72 Amodel Yak-130 build log.  (Read 1775 times)

Offline Rogi

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
1/72 Amodel Yak-130 build log.
« on: January 25, 2019, 03:49:35 AM »
I had one post ready to go then it deleted, so here we are for another go 😊 thought of making my first build post and what better aircraft than a 1/72 amodel Yak-130 in either Myanmar or Laos markings, still undecided.
The kit is fairly basic and although not as amazing as Zvezda’s in 1/72 or Kitty Hawk’s in 1/48 I think it can build up to a great model with a little bit of scratch building.

The first step was looking at what cockpit color the Yak-130 had and applying that to the kit, I used Tamiya Light Blue and was going to lighten it a little or darken it when comparing it to reference photos. In the end when looking at a couple videos I decided that the color applied was a good representation and to keep it this way, two light coats on separate days to get a good consistency. I’ll update some more tomorrow thanks all for checking the topic out 😊

« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 03:52:17 AM by Rogi »

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
Re: 1/72 Amodel Yak-130 build log.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 07:01:34 AM »
Those are some sweet schemes you've got in mind, Rogi!

I'm partial to the Lao one but I don't think you could go wrong with either of them.

I like the color you're using on the front office too.

Watching with interest,
Brian da Basher
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 07:25:00 AM by Brian da Basher »

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 08:27:48 AM »
It looks like a Mini Me Mig 29 sort of.

Either scheme is nice

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 01:42:35 PM »
That would be a tough choice. Both look really good.

Offline Rogi

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 02:55:37 AM »
Thank you all :) aye it definitely looks like a mini Mig-29, from what I've read its a very multi purpose trainer, being able to mount Russian, Israeli and US (Aim-9 sidewinder) weapons ! :D

Small update today, I thought of just decaling the instrument panels but the decal provided is off a little too much for my liking, with Tamiya light blue and flat black applied by brush, progress so far. After the initial light blue and application of the panels I applied a little lighter version of light blue (just a little white added) and finished it up by a little flat black added to light blue in order to vary the hues in the cockpit.

Only negative to masking is if It goes off a little and of course you seem to notice after everything is done, I'll fix up the panels a little this weekend as I can see one or two that aren't perfectly straight. The Front is good but needs some fixing in that area and a little carving on the bottom of the panel to get the shape in lign, the model's panel doesn't match the outline of the actual aircraft.

The rear panel came out a little better and just one little panel fix is needed.

Thanks for checking out the progress so far, slow and steady :D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 03:01:47 AM by Rogi »