Author Topic: Maschinenkrieger ZbV 3000  (Read 8598 times)

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Maschinenkrieger ZbV 3000
« on: March 10, 2012, 04:56:52 AM »
Hi folks,

A thread for your various Maschinenkrieger ZbV 3000 and derivatives thereof ideas and inspiration.

Useful background

Regards,

Greg
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 05:00:18 AM by GTX_Admin »
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
Re: Maschinenkrieger ZbV 3000
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 06:21:29 AM »
my current (20yrs & continuing !) projects

Laser-Krote

"Sponge-Bob" Deep sea Combat Suit

Must take some pics of my Fledermaus Attacker (twin-engine) project

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 08:16:31 AM »
The P.K.F.100 FALKE NG by "makadi3000":

Below are some teasers, but check out many more pics (including in-progress pics) on his blog HERE.

Teasers:

Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 09:11:01 AM »
Interesting kit-bash.  Looks like the turrets from an M41 and a Panther became part of the center section and the entire fuselage from a pair of H-21 kits have been used for the outboard sections. 

The engine cowlings are a mystery but I do see the slipper tanks from a Mosquito ;)
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 03:33:33 PM »
^ Going by the in-progress pics, I'd say the upper parts are mostly parts of the V-22's engine nacelles (CLICK), while the shroud the nozzles attach to are Beaufighter cowlings (CLICK).

Also, check out the other builds of the contest this one participated in. Pics in THIS GALLERY. A little awkward to navigate with the tiny preview/teaser pics, but very well worth the clicks. I'm kinda partial to THE MUDSHARK. Wow!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 03:38:50 PM by ChernayaAkula »
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 03:53:27 PM »
^ Going by the in-progress pics, I'd say the upper parts are mostly parts of the V-22's engine nacelles (CLICK), while the shroud the nozzles attach to are Beaufighter cowlings (CLICK).

He did such a good job of blending the cowling with the Osprey nacelles that I could not detect where one began and the other ended.  The image in your link certainly clears that up s to where the parts fall together.  Quite imaginative for sure. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg