General Category > Looking for Kits, Parts, and Decals

Chicka-deecals

(1/8) > >>

Chickadee:
Hello...

I've been working on profiles and decals recently with Spot On Designs/Resins. Www.spotondesigns.info.

I've enjoyed it that much that I'm branching into decals and I'm really interested in doing those oddities and obscure ones that are really hard to find.

I'd really appreciate it if you could help me with my research.

If you had a wish list for decals, what would they be? What scale, colour references, etc

Please be as nerdy and obscure as possible, you'll find no judgement here, lol.

I appreciate your help.

Many thanks

Karen (Chickadee) McAllister

GTX_Admin:
Oh, where to start...

The Big Gimper:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on September 23, 2018, 04:13:50 AM ---Oh, where to start...

--- End quote ---

Thanks for doing this Karen. BTW I'm the "Carl".  ;)

This post will 100% guaranteed get me kicked of the forum and maybe the planet too but 1/72 is a good scale ...  :-X

Anything 1940-50-60s RCN/RCAF. For example something similar this OOP helo sheet. Do not need exact A/C serials but the pieces to build one up.

Or two+three or three+three Air Force serial numbers. For example 101xxx was used by Voodoos, 104xxx by Starfighters, 107xxx by the Argus etc.

So how about unused ranges like 90-99xxx, 100xxx, 102xxx, 103xxx, 105xxx, 106xxx, 108xxx and so on. Xtradecal already did this using 109xxx for the TSR2.

You cannot have enough RCAF/CAF Lightning bolts. If you need some data/images, I have quite a few books on this subject.

And finally maybe something space related. IE USAF "Space Command" or RAF "Space Force" decals for the RAE. OR.9001 “SPACE FIGHTER”.

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: The Big Gimper on September 23, 2018, 04:34:22 AM ---
This post will 100% guaranteed get me kicked of the forum and maybe the planet too but 1/72 is a good scale ...  :-X

--- End quote ---

Maybe not 'kicked' off...

elmayerle:
Maybe not nerdy, but not something many would know about or remember, markings for Chicago Helicopter Airways in 1/72 for various Sikorsky products (real life) and various whif projects (V-107, civil V-22, etc.).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version