General Category > Looking for Kits, Parts, and Decals

British "P" Markings

<< < (2/4) > >>

kitnut617:
The yellow colour was the same as the yellow ring that appeared around the RAF roundels, but also the whole of the bottom of the aircraft was painted the same yellow too.

Weaver:
Okay, found mine:

1. Fantasy Printshop FP808 : 1/72nd scale 36 inch and 30 inch Ps.

These are about 11mm and 9mm respectively. They are a rich "gold" yellow, and have two different fonts: one is thin with a semi-circular "loop" to the P, the other is thicker and has a square-with-radiused-corners style. There are 4 x 36" (two in each font) and 6 x 30" (four in "circle" font, two in "square" font)

2. Pavla 1/72nd Gloster G.40 sheet.

These are leftovers from my Gloster Goblin build. There are two 36" Ps, marginally smaller than the FP ones, and in a much lighter lemon-yellow colour. The font is like the FP "Square" font but the proportions are different, with the "loop" being more of a rectangle than a square.

You're more than welcome to a pair of any of them. 

elmayerle:
Before I go charging ahead, what size would work with a 1/72 single-engined fighter?  What size was used on, say Mustangs or Spitfire testbeds?

perttime:
Googling for "Tempest prototype" finds some photos. They are not all the same, but generally smaller than the fuselage roundel.
A spiteful proto photo shows the P clearly smaller than the roundel
A DH Hornet proto has a circle about the size of the roundel, and the P almost fills the circle.

Looks like there was some variety in sizes and styles.

kitnut617:

--- Quote from: elmayerle on August 26, 2013, 09:14:33 AM ---Before I go charging ahead, what size would work with a 1/72 single-engined fighter?  What size was used on, say Mustangs or Spitfire testbeds?

--- End quote ---

Here's my Mustang Mk.X and Martin Baker MB5 to gauge something by Evan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version