Author Topic: Takom FV432 but a bit off script  (Read 2915 times)

Online Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
Takom FV432 but a bit off script
« on: November 12, 2017, 05:41:11 PM »
No idea why, but always been a big fan of the FV432. Many, many moons ago I obtained the Accurate Armour FV432/30 FSV with Rarden 30mm Fox Turret.
Then promptly proceeded to ignore the instructions and do a Cymbelline Radar vehicle.

So now along comes the most excellent Takom FV432, which is a gem of a kit.
Of course the Berlin Brigade scheme just went all Arnold Horshack "ooh, ooh, ooh.. Pick me "
So started of about here

Then I remembered I still had the FV432/30 bits from the Accurate Armour kit in the spares.

Ended up with this

So remember when Takom release the FV432/30 kit in injection.. you know who to thank ;D

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
Re: Takom FV432 but a bit off script
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 09:03:32 PM »
These are both great and I especially like your work muddying up that Cymbelline Radar vehicle!

Excellent weathering looks every bit the real deal!

Brian da Basher

Offline Claymore

• It's all done with smoke and mirrors!
  • Alt Hist AFV guy with a thing for Bradley turrets
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 10:24:37 PM »
Both are superb builds and instantly remind me of that unique smell of the inside of a 432 - like an old, well-oiled but somewhat knackered vintage car - but then again that's precisely what it is...  ;)

Great work mate!  :smiley:
Pass the razor saw, there is work to be done!

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 12:02:59 PM »
Accurate Armour do a Fox turret & back-date conversion kit for the new Takom FV432, which I can only assume (given the speed with which it came out) is assembled from parts of their old full kit.
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Online Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 01:46:10 PM »
Accurate Armour do a Fox turret & back-date conversion kit for the new Takom FV432, which I can only assume (given the speed with which it came out) is assembled from parts of their old full kit.

Having also seen the release of the conversions for the /30, Swingfire and the Peak Turret versions that is my guess as well, that is  exactly what it is.
Hackout the hull top plate for an older build version, because to be honest the Takom FV432 is a later build type and a few more details present for a late life version.
Then toss the rest of the old AA kit away, because in all seriousness it is a lot of work. See all the plastic bits on the Cymbelline.. that is to replace bubbles and crap resin casting.