Author Topic: A few 1/35 IFV's and AFV's  (Read 180035 times)

Offline Ramba

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Re: A few 1/35 IFV's and AFV's
« Reply #1025 on: May 28, 2024, 09:48:18 PM »
The third and fourth ones are both Dragon BMP-2's. One is the BMP-2E Afghanistan kit and the other was a rebox by Italeri.
The BMP-2E box had a few surprises included jam packed inside. A lot fo resin and brass upgrade parts. This is only a fraction of what was included.

This is the Italeri rebox of the Dragon kit.

The Italeri BMP-2 rebox and the Trumpeter BMP-1 Shkval will both be in overall green. I am thinking of using the Mission Model MMP-032 Modern Russian Green.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #1026 on: May 28, 2024, 10:36:25 PM »
Movin' right along, there! :smiley: 8)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #1027 on: May 29, 2024, 01:48:15 AM »
Those BMPs look good!

The Mission Models paints are fantastic - as long as you follow their instructions for thinning and spraying. That's the only finicky thing about the paint.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #1028 on: May 29, 2024, 01:53:21 AM »
Movin' right along, there! :smiley: 8)
Yes, trying to get as much done as possible so moving along with an assembly line. I got two painted overall green in the Mission Models MMP-032 Modern Russian Green. Waiting for them to dry so I can handle them for photos. I probably won't get to photograph them until tomorrow though.

Those BMPs look good!

The Mission Models paints are fantastic - as long as you follow their instructions for thinning and spraying. That's the only finicky thing about the paint.

Thanks! I just used the Mission Models MMP-032 Modern Russian Green and it worked great as you said. It takes at least two coats over the black primer but flowed beautifully and good coverage. I will get photos posted tomorrow of the two kits I painted using that Mission Models green. I think I will have to get at least one more bottle as I really like it. I have quite a few Russian and Ukrainian vehicles that will be in overall green.

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #1029 on: May 29, 2024, 06:18:58 AM »
These look great.

I too had the short track business with the Skif Strela. Replaced mine with a set of Fruils, which look stellar.
The issue appears to be still out there.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #1030 on: May 29, 2024, 06:48:11 AM »
These look great.

I too had the short track business with the Skif Strela. Replaced mine with a set of Fruils, which look stellar.
The issue appears to be still out there.

Thanks!

I was looking at the Trumpeter 2S1 track links which are the same as on the MT-LB/Strela but not going to worry about it as my build is going to be a what if. I got the Skif Strela kit real cheap so not really worth it replacing the tracks as the Trumpeter tracks are more than I got the Skif kit for. The Skif 2S1 tracks are also too short.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #1031 on: May 29, 2024, 08:40:35 AM »
Great save on the warped resin barrel! 

The rest of your efforts are up to your usual standard of workmanship and I do look forwards to seeing these finished. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Ramba

« Reply #1032 on: May 29, 2024, 09:49:00 PM »
Great save on the warped resin barrel! 

The rest of your efforts are up to your usual standard of workmanship and I do look forwards to seeing these finished.

Thanks! I am trying to get them done but not always working out as planned but I am at least getting more painted this year than previous years. Getting them actually painted in one thing but to get them fully completed is a whole different story.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #1033 on: May 29, 2024, 09:51:58 PM »
Here are the two BMP's I got painted in the Mission Models green.

First one is the Trumpeter BMP-1 converted to Ukrainian Shkval.

Second one is the Dragon/Italeri BMP-2.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #1034 on: May 29, 2024, 11:42:51 PM »
 :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Ramba

« Reply #1035 on: May 30, 2024, 08:31:03 PM »
Here are the other four I got primed over the weekend. Not all of the parts that were primed are shown.

First one is a Tamiya M1A1 w/mine plough but I am using the mine plough on a different kit. This one will be US Army OIF in the NATO camo.

The second one is the Tamiya M1A1/A2 OIF kit that will be a US Army M1A2 TUSK I in overall sand from OIF. I got the TUSK parts from Tamiya customer service. The TUSK parts not shown.

The third one is the Hobby Boss PLA ZTL-11. I converted it to a what if by making a new front section of the turret and also moving the turret further back. I also added a thermal sleeve 105mm gun barrel from the ESCI IDF M60A1 Blazer kit. The gun barrel was generously donated by Jeffry Fontaine, thanks again for the parts. This one will be in desert digital camo scheme. I have a template I will use for the digital pattern.

The last one is a Hobby Boss PLA ZBL-09. This is also another what if. I added a Tiger Model T-40 Nexter turret. The turret ring on the hull was also moved a little further back.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2024, 08:36:39 PM by Ramba »

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #1036 on: May 30, 2024, 11:34:22 PM »
Chinese-American party! ;D :smiley:

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #1037 on: Yesterday at 04:31:35 AM »
That is quite the production line  :D
"It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes." - Agent Rogersz

Offline Ramba

« Reply #1038 on: Yesterday at 07:54:45 AM »
Chinese-American party! ;D :smiley:

I resemble that remark. I am Chinese-American. Not a big fan of Chinese equipment but those later style ZBL 8x8 vehicles are pretty cool but all the kits I have are being converted to what ifs.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #1039 on: Yesterday at 07:56:54 AM »
That is quite the production line  :D

I can't paint indoors so during the winter months I put together as much as I can hoping that I can actually get to prime and paint them once the weather warms up.

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #1040 on: Yesterday at 08:07:51 AM »
Very impressive line up. At least they are out of the box and together. Unlike a lot of my stash

Offline Ramba

« Reply #1041 on: Yesterday at 10:14:31 PM »
Very impressive line up. At least they are out of the box and together. Unlike a lot of my stash

Thanks! I think I have about as many started as I have still in the box. The winter months up here in the mountains are very long. I can only paint outside so during the very long winter months I put together as many kits as I can. We are still in the mid 40's to low 50's F right now. Just last night we were only at 44F. Right now as I type this, we are only 52F. It is too cold to paint outside right now so everything is put aside. No more assembling either as I have too many already started waiting for either primer or camo paint. I can actually paint in the small storage room off the side of the garage but it is half underground and really cold in there so still no painting until the temperature warms up a bit.