Current and Finished Projects > Land

A9 Cruiser Self Propelled AA vehicle

<< < (2/4) > >>

Dr. YoKai:

--- Quote from: Old Wombat on September 11, 2021, 03:49:55 PM ---The idea looks 8)

The tank looks :))

The tracks look :o

Keep it comin', BT! :smiley:

--- End quote ---

We really need an annual "Best Post EVER" award...

I love Flak tanks for some reason, though I don't have much to show off at the moment. This is pretty neat!

I can relate to the track work issues. I am currently working on completing the 'Lobsterrod', a preposterous vehicle of villainous super science,
and have been using a set of tracks & suspension for a Sherman HVVS...the links are supposed to snap together (I don't recall the manufacturer-got them cheap from the consignment shelf) and...they don't.

Buzzbomb:
Almost time to call it on the build phase. Nothing is going to make the base A9 Cruiser kit running gear any better

Fleshed out more of the fighting compartment and mods to the tank
Overall look. Finally found a use for the ROTA Trailer I bought many, many years ago, much before the AFV club offering

Fighting Compartment. Ammo Racks on the wall

Replace the MG Turrets with hatches. I figure that other than being quite useless in this role, it would open space for more interior ammo storage

The Bofors mods to sort of make it look like a Bofors. For what it is worth.. the Italeri Bofors ain't that great either and the etch sights much better than that offering.

Painting next. Another mojo hurdle to clear
Thanks for the encouragement so far

Old Wombat:
You really hate the crews on these things, don't you, BT! ;D

Not only crap tracks but a bloody ROTO trailer, to boot! :o

apophenia:

--- Quote from: Buzzbomb on September 16, 2021, 01:56:29 PM ---Almost time to call it on the build phase. Nothing is going to make the base A9 Cruiser kit running gear any better...

Replace the MG Turrets with hatches. I figure that other than being quite useless in this role, it would open space for more interior ammo storage...

Painting next. Another mojo hurdle to clear...

--- End quote ---

This is looking great! Your work on the Bofors gun itself is a major improvement  :smiley:

Overall, your Cruiser SP just looks more workable that the RW Crusader Bofors type.

Good call on turning the MG turret spaces into ammunition lockers. Maybe not all that accessible in action but protected from splinters, etc., unlike ready rounds.

Looking forward to the paintwork  :smiley:

--- Quote from: Old Wombat on September 16, 2021, 10:41:59 PM ---Not only crap tracks but a bloody ROTO trailer, to boot! :o

--- End quote ---

Seems like a natural match to me. The Crusader and Valentines towed Rota-trailers. So, why not an A9 SP?

The RW Rota-trailer was sized for 2-pounder rounds - so we know that 40 mm Bofors clips would fit. Carrying fuel around in over-sized wheels seems a little funky to us ... but at least both petrol and limbered ammunition are well away from the SP crew.

So, ... what am I missing?  ???

Old Wombat:
See this link at the 16 minute mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJni42kJIEg ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version