Modelling > Tips, Tools & Techniques

3D printed, 1/35 corrugator

<< < (3/5) > >>

Frank3k:
New batch of corrugators, with denser infill, so they're heavier and tougher. 1/35 and 1/72:

The 1/72 is OK. Using a pencil (and fingernail) on the craft aluminum and on only the lower L shaped corrugator section, I got a pretty good approximation. I used the top corrugator to refine the shape and got this:

Jeff asked me to make some in 1/48 scale. I'll try that this week.

kitnut617:
I have just twigged at what you have made, it's a tool to make scaled corrugated sheet out of foil ------  :-X

Have you tried 'Q-Decking', used in most building construction either as a stand alone roof, or as a permanent form for concrete floors. Could also be used to make Sea-Cans

Frank3k:
Q-Decking is next; it was my original plan since I wanted to replicate the pattern on the side of 40' containers, since it's similar (if not identical) and got sidetracked.

kitnut617:
The channels are wider than the corrugations you've done   ;)

With a few tiny holes drilled into the bottom of a corrugation, your tool could become a vacuform form ----  ;)

Frank3k:
I went down the rabbit hole looking for the right dimensions, said screw it and went for the corrugated material which was harder to print but easier to find dimensions for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version