Author Topic: BAe 844 (Airbus 310 AEW) and other FASS concepts  (Read 5893 times)

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
Re: BAe 844 (Airbus 310 AEW) and other FASS concepts
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2022, 09:46:38 PM »
Yes Stephen, the difference between the 125 and Challenger did surprise me too. I mean I got the impression that they were about the same, because of the 'business jet' moniker, but the Challenger is almost twice as big.

HS 125 fuselage diameter is 6'-3",  I'm using the -800 variant here which is 1/2" longer than the Airfix T.1 Dominie (3'-0" in RW)
Challenger fuselage diameter is actually 8'-10", same as the CRJ's, Global's and Dash-8's

There's a running article in Air-Britain's Aviation World quarterlies over the last few issues about the Challengers, CRJ's and Global's, I'll dig them out today and see what they say about lengths, they all use the same fuselage cross-section. Each variant got a different wing though, even with the different CRJs, the wings were different.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 09:54:44 PM by kitnut617 »

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
Re: BAe 844 (Airbus 310 AEW) and other FASS concepts
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2022, 01:06:41 AM »
I thought I would check the fit of the Boeing 737 air stair I bought from Click2Detail. It has more than enough length to it, in fact it looks  like I will have to remove the bottom two steps. To check this I made a couple of trestles out of Lego, the bricks I used just happened to make the fuselage at the correct height from the under the wheels to underside of fuselage