Modelling > Sea

Frigates, Destroyers, And Cruisers Ideas And Inspirations

(1/27) > >>

dy031101:
Recall that I've been thinking of an AAW ship armed with an adopted MIM-23 HAWK launcher to go with an Iran-like F-14 what-if.

Almost a week after trying with a Shipbucket drawing of the Iroquois class destroyer, I'm still not sure if I'm happy with that choice......

The idea behind using the Iroquois class is that I want to share the aspect of being re-purposed after having served a different role, but can anyone suggest a more-widely-exported or export-oriented design that has enough potential to do the same?

Thanks in advance.

finsrin:
Reading about success with rail gun tests.  A nuclear powered 21st century battle ship with main and secondary size rail guns, modern 5in 54cal, 25mm mounts, CIWS.  For missiles, all or some of these: Harpoon, Tomahawk, Standard SAM, Sea Sparrow.  Could have rear flight deck for F-35 and helicopters.  At least a helipad.  Thinking 108ft width of Iowa class (for Panama canal) only longer by 100-200ft.

dy031101:
Does anyone know, however roughly, the internal layout of the Georges Leygues class frigate?

In particular, what's below the spot where I put the 4 in. Vickers gun (I'd like to know if I can put the gun there the way I did; if that part has something to do with the Crotale launcher that I took away, then maybe that's something I can spin)?

RP1:
Hi,

Not sure of the exact internal layout, but that area would probably have; aviation workshops and stores, air conditioning intake spaces (I think I can see intakes in some pictures). The Crotale reloader is in the superstructure, but I don't know where the magazine is. The mag. would either be in the superstructure beneath the launcher, or in the hull beneath it. Either way, you could do a swap . I suspect, however, that the gun has a carousel or other autoloader beneath it, so you probably can't remove the little bit of superstructure that the Crotale launcher is sat on, as you have done in that image, without loosing space somewhere.

- RP1

Weaver:
The Crotale reloading mechanism and magazine is in the deckhouse forward of the launcher, which I've coloured red in this profile:

You can see it in this picture. The 18 x circular hatches in the front of the deckhouse are the tubes that the individual missiles sit in:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version