Modelling > Engineering Dept.

RAAF English Electric Canberra 'SLEP Program'

<< < (17/18) > >>

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: Volkodav on November 26, 2019, 09:14:36 PM ---We don't seem to have a Canberra ideas and inspiration topic so I hope no one objects to me using this one.
--- End quote ---

It would appear that your search was incomplete: Beyond The Sprues » Modelling » Ideas & Inspiration » Aero-space » English Electric and Martin B-57 Canberra

Volkodav:
Thanks

M.A.D:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on August 06, 2019, 02:41:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: M.A.D on August 05, 2019, 11:00:48 AM ---I wonder if the wing of the Canberra would support the weight of a RB04?

--- End quote ---

Well they could support AS.30s which isn't that far removed in size:

--- End quote ---

So going by these pictures, the Nord AS.30 missile never required an aircraft-mounted radar to support its targeting/guidance?

MAD

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: M.A.D on February 07, 2021, 06:31:24 PM ---
So going by these pictures, the Nord AS.30 missile never required an aircraft-mounted radar to support its targeting/guidance?

--- End quote ---

No it did not because the AS.30 AS-30 used a simple MCLOS guidance with the pilot aligning the flares located near the missile's rear with the target and controlling the missile in flight after launch with a small joystick, sending steering commands to the missile via a radio link. It was all visual.

The later AS.30L used laser guidance though:

kitnut617:
The Airfix new mould 1/72 B.(I)8 has the AS-30's in the box ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version