Modelling > Engineering Dept.

smaller capacity & lighter ship-based Sea Sparrow/Aspide SAM launchers???

(1/2) > >>

M.A.D:
G'day all

I'm in search of smaller (size and capacity) and lighter ship-based Sea Sparrow/Aspide SAM launchers than that of the more common Mk25 and Mk29 8-cell box launchers.
I know of the smaller 4-cell Selenia Aspide SAM launcher, as found on the Ecuadorian Esmeraldas-class and Malaysian Laksamana Hang Nadim-class corvette's, but I don't know it's official title/designation?
I'd also appreciate any other smaller/lighter ship-based Sea Sparrow/Aspide SAM launchers that you might know of out there.

Thanks in advance

MAD

Jeffry Fontaine:
Why not go with the RAM or SeaRAM system?  One version of the 144th scale Revell Type 43 Fast Attack Craft has the RAM replacing the aft Oto-Melera 76mm turret.

Jonesthetank:
Bet I can guess what this is for!

I was thinking Sea Chaparral could be a solution to your problem Rob.

Cheers

Mark

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: M.A.D on July 22, 2019, 12:50:24 PM ---I know of the smaller 4-cell Selenia Aspide SAM launcher, as found on the Ecuadorian Esmeraldas-class and Malaysian Laksamana Hang Nadim-class corvette's, but I don't know it's official title/designation?

--- End quote ---

I don't know f a specific designation for the smaller box version.  It is simply referred to now as the MBDA Albatross:  https://www.mbda-systems.com/?action=force-download-attachment&attachment_id=5244

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: Jonesthetank on July 22, 2019, 11:22:01 PM ---I was thinking Sea Chaparral could be a solution to your problem Rob.

--- End quote ---

Indeed:

What scale are we looking for?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version