Modelling > Engineering Dept.

Lockheed AC-130 & M102 105mm Howitzer Engineering question please?

<< < (2/8) > >>

M.A.D:

--- Quote from: kitnut617 on August 01, 2018, 07:48:42 AM ---When I was designing a bit of drilling equipment, I was told it had to be able to go inside a C-130 and that the absolute max it could be was 10 feet wide. That was so it could go through the rear door opening. hth

--- End quote ---

😮😋 makes sense!!

Thank you for your valued input and real-world experiance kitnut617

M.A.D

kitnut617:

--- Quote from: M.A.D on August 01, 2018, 08:00:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: kitnut617 on August 01, 2018, 07:48:42 AM ---When I was designing a bit of drilling equipment, I was told it had to be able to go inside a C-130 and that the absolute max it could be was 10 feet wide. That was so it could go through the rear door opening. hth

--- End quote ---

😮😋 makes sense!!

M.A.D

--- End quote ---

I should have said that I hope knowing that, you could scale the pics Brian posted ---

M.A.D:

--- Quote from: kitnut617 on August 01, 2018, 08:30:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: M.A.D on August 01, 2018, 08:00:25 AM ---

--- End quote ---

😮😋 makes sense!!

M.A.D

--- End quote ---

I should have said that I hope knowing that, you could scale the pics Brian posted ---

--- End quote ---

Acknowledge your last kitnut617 👍

M.A.D

Rickshaw:
As it is inside you could claim that they have beefed up the recoil recuperaters so that it could absorb sufficient recoil to only recoil a metre or less.  From the pictures I supplied that looks about the distance it recoils in the AC-130 (going from the yellow recoil guard at the rear of the weapon).  You could remove the recoil recuperater (the tube over the barrel) and replace it with a slightly thicker tube to take that into account, if you wanted to be truly accurate.

M.A.D:

--- Quote from: Rickshaw on August 01, 2018, 08:52:32 AM ---As it is inside you could claim that they have beefed up the recoil recuperaters so that it could absorb sufficient recoil to only recoil a metre or less.  From the pictures I supplied that looks about the distance it recoils in the AC-130 (going from the yellow recoil guard at the rear of the weapon).  You could remove the recoil recuperater (the tube over the barrel) and replace it with a slightly thicker tube to take that into account, if you wanted to be truly accurate.

--- End quote ---

I like the way you think Rickshaw!! 😮👍

M.A.D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version