Modelling > Ideas & Inspiration

Thriftiland - A Nation of Coupon-Cutters

<< < (3/3)

Weaver:
A few years back, a large batch of ex-Swiss Pz.68/88s were up for sale through an on-line site! They were the latest upgrade standard. A Pz.68 was basically like an early Leo I with less speed and thicker armour, plus lower width to get over more Swiss bridges. They never got spaced armour like the Leo Is , but I don't see why reactives couldn't be fitted. Although these are an "oddball" vehicle in themselves, most of the components were industry standard, i.e. L7 gun, MTU power pack, off-the-shelf electronics etc..

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: Weaver on February 10, 2012, 04:44:23 AM ---I don't know what happened to them but they were damded tasty...

--- End quote ---

They tried to sell them numerous times but in the end I think they have ended up being sent to museums or stored pending scrapping.  I saw them in real life in NZ a couple of years ago.

apophenia:

--- Quote from: Weaver on February 10, 2012, 06:18:07 PM ---A few years back, a large batch of ex-Swiss Pz.68/88s were up for sale through an on-line site! They were the latest upgrade standard. A Pz.68 was basically like an early Leo I with less speed and thicker armour, plus lower width to get over more Swiss bridges. They never got spaced armour like the Leo Is , but I don't see why reactives couldn't be fitted. Although these are an "oddball" vehicle in themselves, most of the components were industry standard, i.e. L7 gun, MTU power pack, off-the-shelf electronics etc..

--- End quote ---

Interesting! That MTU powerpack is closely related to that of the Jaguar. Can't you just see those Pz.68s operating alongside ex-Bundeswehr Raketenjagdpanzers and Kanones  :)

finsrin:
The fixed wing B-1 in ysi_maniac posting #270 came to mind.  :-*
If Thrifiland could get low dollar retired B-1 purchase to start with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version