Author Topic: New generation Lightnings and Mustangs  (Read 18752 times)

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
New generation Lightnings and Mustangs
« on: August 02, 2015, 12:09:34 AM »
The calendar writes August 1st already (on my side of the planet), so it is time to show you the XP-38W-3, YP-38W-3, P-38W-3 (designed and first flown in August-Décember 1946):

Offline Tophe

• my models
Re: New generation Lightnings and Mustangs
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 12:24:48 AM »
The canard versions W-3C were better than the W-3 (according to test pilots and surviving veterans):

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 12:42:59 AM »
The XF-38W-3C, YF-38W-3C, F-38W-3C may have been even better but they were so different from old Lightnings that they received the name Mightning:

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 01:23:00 AM »
Concerning rocket interceptors, North American won the 1946-contract with the F-51WB & WD Rockstang and F-82WE Twin-Rockstang:

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 01:39:51 AM »
The XF-38W-3C, YF-38W-3C, F-38W-3C may have been even better but they were so different from old Lightnings that they received the name Mightning:

The Twin-fuselage versions Twin-Mightning F-38WZ-2, WZ-3, WZ-1, were not linked to the number of related war but to number of engines:

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 07:16:06 PM »
With the war-budgets going on in 1945-46, the sound barrier was broken on July 4th 1946 by Chuck Yeager, and in January 1947 entered service the first supersonic fighters: F-138A Oightning, F-238A Pightning, F-238H Half-Pightning:

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 11:45:25 PM »
While the United States of America (USA) were producing the fighters of Western Allies, the United States of Western Europe (USWE) were producing the Attack airplanes, for low altitude, with competition between the French A-38WF, the West-German A-38WG-614, the Spanish A-38WS:

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 02:18:58 AM »
After the first proposals, a change in requirements led to the design of transonic versions with more power: XA-38W, YA-38W, A-38WA:

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 11:53:22 PM »
The British war-factories took care of Cargos: CV-38A, B, C (long before the Carvair of the 1960s)
The 38C may have been the only canard cargo ever, I don't know...

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 12:20:27 AM »
In Italy, the new Lightnings were the military trainers PTT-38A, B, C Fulmine (Pursuit Triplex Trainers):

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 12:51:03 AM »
Concerning rocket interceptors, North American won the 1946-contract with the F-51WB & WD Rockstang and F-82WE Twin-Rockstang:
And to protect Disneyland (still running during WW3), Walt Disney called for a Mustangee Super-Hero to fly over and intercept any threat (will full success, that proves scientifically that it was very Real): ;)

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 07:10:54 PM »
The L-51D Mustility was not a civilian biz-jet but the official military transport of General McArthur (then General Yeager after General McArthur wanted to replace the President and was sent to jail):

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 09:25:20 PM »
Piston engined aircraft were not completely outdated in 1946 but were sent to poor countries, like China, Philippines (and Japan for anti-Soviet kamikaze pilots), but those Mustang+ and Twin-Mustang+ were not decisive the way North American had planned, mainly because China's revolution 1949 turned this country (then Vietnam, India, Africa, South-America, Canada, Scandinavia, Middle-East) into the other side, up to their victory 1955, and that is why all the World is communist since then:

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 10:05:54 PM »
On August 6th 1955 was somehow celebrated the 10th anniversary of Hiroshima mass-murder of babies: the Soviet heroes dropped atomic bombs on New York, Los Angeles and Miami, winning/finishing the war, thanks! and destroying the prototypes of F-338A, B, C Qightning (with 1 rocket+2 ramjets, see below).
That is what we celebrate now each year in August (60th anniversary tomorrow!), no more the awful Hiroshima slaughter of course!

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 11:38:25 AM »
The Me-38A, B, C night-fighters were the first to receive the official name Nightning, they were proposed in 1946 by the evil factory Messerschmitt in the evil Capitalist Germany, just before our heroes (from Good Germany, Poland, USSR and all the rest of the Free World – free from money & egotism dictatorship) invaded this bad land. ;)

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 02:27:19 AM »
These are the cartoon Lightnings invented as enemies by the genius artist Comrade Josef Stalin for the film “Fighting Evil Again and Again”: P38W1 to W4: WW1 against Germany, WW2 against Axis, WW3 against West, and of course WW4 against China (+Mexico+Senegal) 1956-60 – Chinese were good communists at first  :) then turned evil :(  refusing to admit that Comrade Josef Stalin (the most intelligent human being ever) must be the beloved Leader of the Whole World… 

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 12:57:50 AM »
In 1946, Mustangs with piston engines were not outdated IF using VERY BIG engine...

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 02:55:32 AM »
I like the last one
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 11:42:41 AM »
Thanks!
I forgot to explain: in French "Très Bien" means "Very Good", and I am ashamed (as I am French) having said myself "my P-5100TB is very good"... But please accept my apologies: I am writing these days why it seems that I am the only Son of God (the true Messiah), and so... I tend to lack modesty, a little... Sorry, shame on me... :(
(Don't worry, my psychiatrist plans to increase again the number of pills to take each day)

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2015, 10:52:50 PM »
With a little piston engine (for take off), it was also possible to reach top performances in altitude switching on a ramjet:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 02:02:09 AM by Tophe »

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2015, 10:22:48 PM »
The F-51S built by North-American + Fieseler was a major aircraft also:

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2015, 12:28:21 PM »
The vertical take-off GB is finished but... during WW3, several Ligtnings were VTOL, you know: the TSF-38A, B, C Poning (TSF meaning Tail-Sit-Fighters, no relation to the French wireless phone Télephone Sans Fil)
After the Red Army heroically destroyed all Western airfields with the new tool K9L, the USAF was forced to use tailsitters. The comrade pilots of our (good) side destroyed them all easily:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 12:32:16 PM by Tophe »

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2015, 12:40:27 PM »
Nice - inspiration for a kitbash :)
With these I would build as conventional takeoff-landing.

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2015, 02:25:37 PM »
Thanks!

in 1954, our present President-Hero Stalindi was simply the favourite son of our great leader Stalin: Captain Boris Dzhugashvili. Being the best pilot ever, and raising high the fame of his MiG-141, Comrade Boris killed 97 F-82N Twin-Norstang in dogfighting on the same day April 1st, with just 14 atomic bullets. This is certified true as "propaganda" occured only in the West, this is scientifically proven (by our scientists, yes, certified honnest - the wrong ones being in jail, or dead having committed suicide). Glory to us forever!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 02:27:49 PM by Tophe »

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2015, 02:57:57 AM »
In 1946, (Western bad) Germany produced Lightning dérivatives of the Me-262 Sturmvogel: the Me-380A, B, C Vogelightning:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 03:08:16 AM by Tophe »