Current and Finished Projects > Aero-space

Seaknight & M16, red : primary seaplanes

<< < (2/280) > >>

Tophe:
Beautiful model (usually I do not love boats/ships, but with these flashing colours, I smile and like, yes)

--- Quote from: ericr on April 24, 2015, 04:37:19 AM ---At the scale of 1/200, I found out about the ETV Waker (that had a life as a Greenpeace vessel too apparently)

--- End quote ---
Thanks to build a new vessel for Greenpeace (our president destroyed one abroad, without asking our approval, I say Sorry, blame him not us...). I don't know if Greenpeace can use this vessel also for Whale campaigns (the animals may come and laugh, instead of going away far to save themselves)...

ericr:
thanks Tophe!
I am not too much into boats either, but when sealplanes are concerned, I am interested  ;)

ericr:
So I had this 1/200 Kingfisher and catapult kit, and it has two of each actually, and I thought, instead of making two Kingfishers, why not use this centrale float and pair of secondary floats for floatplanizing another aircraft?
The trick was to find a kit for an aircraft with the roght size for the float to fit : I finally decided on a 1/144 Po-2, which has the right length, and did exist as a central-float version known as Po-2M :

and I installed it on the same seaplane tender :

I also tried another 1/200 boat : the Marwede rescue ship, which also has a helicopter deck (actually not for landing, I read afterwards, only for manoeuvering, but well, this is whiff anymay  ;) ) :

but the Po-2 looked a bit too large for that, so I prefer to assign it to the Waker :

whereas the Kingfisher looks quite right on the Marwede :

don't you think?  ;)

Brian da Basher:
This is one of my favorite projects of yours yet, Eric! Those primary colors remind me of Southwest Airlines.

Maybe Southwest Airlines Search & Rescue?

I'll get me coat...

Brian da Basher

ericr:

--- Quote from: Brian da Basher on May 02, 2015, 01:51:32 AM ---This is one of my favorite projects of yours yet, Eric! Those primary colors remind me of Southwest Airlines.

Maybe Southwest Airlines Search & Rescue?

I'll get me coat...

Brian da Basher

--- End quote ---

thanks!

actually, if this inspires you for a series of Southwest Airlines (nice color choice indeed  ;) ) Search & Rescue, please go ahead!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version