Author Topic: Heller 1/75 La Reale De France  (Read 37354 times)

Offline Dr. YoKai

• Was in High School when mastadons roamed the plains...
  • A notorious curmudgeon who is partial to...hemp!
Re: Heller 1/75 La Reale De France
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2015, 08:44:22 AM »
 I think its certainly worthy of a museum. The build finished out beautifully.

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
  • The man has paddle wheels on the brain...
« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2015, 03:33:29 AM »
Hi all just a quick update,my bosses husband said he would buy the Royal Sovereign but that this was too big was talking to him the other day and mentioned the Greenwich maritime museum said they wanted it but did not have the room, but would I resubmit it next year as they are constantly changing their displays. He told me today he will buy it (no mention of price), what would I ask for I can't keep it for a year, don't have the room (incidentally i told my boss I had got the Airfix Wasa off ebay and she wants me to build that for her. Actually as I was typing this he came up they've both gone for £400.00 I am well chuffed, I'm sure I could have got more but hey, two models out of the way and money for more, still have to finish the Sovriegn, and of course, start a finish the Wasa, I love modeling 

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2015, 05:20:41 AM »
Congrats!
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2015, 07:10:31 AM »
Well done, kp!

Love all the gilding on the details!

Talk about a build with bling!

Brian da Basher

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2015, 05:23:28 PM »
Hi all well getting this one back in a sorry state, went down to feed the birds and empty the bins this morning. Rolf tried to take it to his house in frinton yesterday, didn't even get it out of the hall broke lots of oars off the anchor post lots of railings, a lot of the rigging is slack so he's busted something there as well, he thinks I will just go down with a tube of superglue and stick it all back on, not that simple a lot of the guilding was pulled off when the oars and railings came off so that will have to be redone(a real pain as lots of bits were stuck on after the guilding ) I will take some pics when I get it home.

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2015, 02:59:11 AM »
Ok so I've reguilded the damaged guilding and the actual damage is not as bad as I feared the worst bit being he broke one of the side arms off and I cant find it anywhere os will have to try and scratch one(those canons are tiny, maybe a stretched sprue or a matchstick in the lathe, it's also now missing one of the flags (which I also cant find) nothing I can do about that so will just touch up the paint where it was snapped off .
here is the damage.

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2015, 01:00:57 AM »
Hi all well shes back to her former self (lets see if he breaks it again, I may have to charge next time)