Author Topic: Kerick's RF-101  (Read 15148 times)

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
Re: Kerick's RF-101
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2015, 08:48:09 AM »
Thank you for the kind words, my friends!

I'm thinking of a backstory either where the F-4 Phantom is a total flop and economic problems force the US military to prolong the life of every available piece of equipment or something like the Washington Naval Treaty of 1922 limits the production of all kinds of military hardware, not just battleships. Either way the entire Century Series has to soldier on with modifications and improvements far beyond their projected lifespan. This would allow for the old airframes sporting AIM 120s and LGBs while blasting off with newer engines and such.

Offline Kerick

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2015, 07:14:04 AM »
F-101E Voodoo II is finally finished!

Touch up and detail painting and gluing on the fiddly bits didn't take as long as I thought. All in all I think it turned out very well. A few spots could have been done better but then I could also be working on this until the cows come home. Anyway, I hope you like it.

Here's a link to the entire album if you are so inclined, https://www.flickr.com/gp/128586659@N07/V442j6

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
  • Member number 100...WooHoo!!!
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2015, 07:19:14 AM »
This is one sexy beast. 

Online The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2015, 07:54:32 AM »
This is the most viable, vivacious, voracious, vibrant, vitalizing, vengeful, venomous and venerable Voodoo I have ever viewed.

I am in now in a vacuum of verbal vernacular.  I must now vamoose. Au revoir.

Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline Kerick

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2015, 12:17:13 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

I'm just glad this group built motivated me to finish it!

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2015, 04:44:45 PM »
This is the most viable, vivacious, voracious, vibrant, vitalizing, vengeful, venomous and venerable Voodoo I have ever viewed.

Well said for me too :-*

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2015, 06:46:42 PM »

That is no vainglorious verbalising. There must have been some hoodoo in the voodoo that you doodoo done. Fantastic.  :-*  :-*  :-*
Were going to be finished in 2020 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - Maybe When Hell Freezes Over - again? - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Stud