Modelling > Engineering Dept.

Radars- land-based, ship-based, and airborne

(1/2) > >>

dy031101:
I've been messing with Shipbucket parts like I always do...... found myself in a situation where there is a large obstacle amidship.  I fear that the said obstacle will end up leaving a fair bit of radar blind zone and therefore would like a system that would allow me to place the antennae on separate deckhouses (à la Ticonderoga class or post-upgrade Sa'ar 5 maybe).  Which pretty much left me with the modern-day non-rotating phased array radar......

Would I be able to put multiple antenna panels on separate deckhouses by default, or am I stuck with select models (like MF-STAR on upgraded Sa'ar 5 corvette)?

GTX_Admin:
What era are we talking? 

dy031101:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on March 07, 2015, 03:22:37 AM ---What era are we talking?

--- End quote ---

Anything since the 1990s.  To be used with SM-2MR and ESSM, doesn't have to be as capable as those used by dedicated AAW ships, but preferably be more affordable.

Maybe I can do TRS-4D + CEAMOUNT...... unless the pairing is more expensive than APAR and Sea Master 400 combined......

GTX_Admin:
In that case, using phased array radars, you should be able to separate out the arrays.  It would mean more cabling etc (and maybe some smart software) in the ship but would be possible.

elmayerle:
Much like the multiple arrays used by IAI's Phalcon system for AEW aircraft.  Yeah, multiple arrays should work, as Greg said, with some extra cabling and some fancy software.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version