Author Topic: The Cthulhu77 Collection  (Read 2757 times)

Offline KiwiZac

• The Modeller Formerly Known As K5054NZ
The Cthulhu77 Collection
« on: November 27, 2014, 06:52:45 AM »
Hi all,
Many of you will remember Greg "Cthulhu77" Ewald's inimitable style and probably have some specific builds of his in mind. He was a founding member of BTS as well as being a regular on several other forums over the years, and even has several model reviews in the Modeling Madness catalogue. He was also a good friend of mine and was a great support during troubled times. Sadly Greg died in March this year after a short illness. Shanlyn, Greg's partner of some years, got in touch with me via Facebook this week to let me know that although his stash has now been scattered to the winds his builds remain, and the time has come for these to disperse as well due to space restrictions.

Shanlyn is offering his builds for sale for the cost of shipping. I'm unable to take her up on this offer myself but I gladly offered to act as an "agent" of sorts to spread the word. She's said she will take some photos so that folk can see what's there, I will post these once I receive them.

I wanted to post and ask if anyone would be keen to take her up on this offer, as I know more than once I myself saw a Cthulhu77 Original and said "I want one!". His passing rocked us but, cliche'd as it may sound, his works of styrene art live on. It would be a tragedy for these to be consigned to a rubbish bin.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, be it via reply or PM, what you think and if you're interested.

Zac
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
Re: The Cthulhu77 Collection
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 03:01:52 PM »
Hey Zac,
I'd be very interested in some of his builds, his art.

Lemme know when you get more details.

Jon
“Conspiracy theory’s got to be simple.
Sense doesn’t come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated shit
actually is than they ever are about
whatever’s supposed to be behind the
conspiracy.”
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014