Author Topic: Endzeit - Porsche 911 "Zombinator"  (Read 10993 times)

Offline MaxHeadroom

• The man has built a jet Stuka, need we say more?
Re: Endzeit - Porsche 911 "Zombinator"
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2014, 11:46:53 PM »
Thanks a looot to all!
After corresponding vica-versa to GTX-Admin, I'd sent a .doc-file to him via e-mail, containing the text and the links to the pics of the next three posts.
I think, it's worth to read and see.

Hope, you mustn't wait too long...  ;)

Norbert

« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 11:49:01 PM by MaxHeadroom »

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2014, 02:50:11 AM »
Posted on behalf of Norbert (aka MaxHeadroom) - I had no problem posting what was sent to me.  This is strange and will be investigated further to determine why he could not post directly.  Anyway, enjoy for now.

Strange: why weren't wipers part of this 1:25-scale kit, when it was released?
O.k.; a "do it yourself"-task.
Looking at a pic of a real 911-F-model and taking two tiny cylinders of plastic as the axises and some aluminium from the hull of a tea-candle, some glue and a bit of bright and pale (mat?) black colour and... ready!

(I hope I can remove the blind splodges from the windscreen. Unfortunately I was careless with superglue.)
And on the right you see my 2 steps making a mask of paper for the wiper-field . I will use it later when I apply some dust to keep the wiper-field clean.

Now how it looks, when body and frame will be finally assembled later:

You see highen suspension 10 Zentimeter (4 mm). This will be useful if the way leads over some field- or dirttracks.
The tires are shining a bit (are a bit bright), but I will change it later. To change the position of the seat, I will apply a chromium or aluminium console, also later.
The kit's (Kronprinz-)rims were completely chromium-coated – now they are looking original!
Unfortunately the chromium was damaged, but after applying the black color, the problem was getting much smaller. But still at some points you can see the red-orange plastic... Damn!
O.k., let's say it is fresh blood from some zombies. LOL

Norbert
(will be continued in short time)

--------

The next issue!

Additional (protected) headlights (highbeams and foglights) are allways useful, especially in a world without working streetlamps (or better: -lanterns?). So:

But this way, you can't see them properly.

Therefore: from behind:

Incl. Cables (wires?) and fixing bands.

Now the original kit of this Rallye-Porsche has two holes in the fronthood for additional highbeams...
Should I close them?
No!
Instead of closing, I added two holder:

Naturely painted with anti-rust-primer "Mennige" to fix a self-made short-stick-spade (in front of the 911).

Fixed with leather belts:

And now again an overview:

You can see the additional gasoline barrels secured by a band (ribbon?) of steel.
Unfortunately you can't see the gasoline-tubes very well; I will deliever a better photography later.

(More to come, soon)

Norbert

--------

"Soon" is now.

Four more pics for your pleasure (I hope).
No 1:

The well known dashboard, now completed by a gun-holder with pumpgun (and without the flying microphone of the CB-radio ;) ).

At pic No. 2

you now can see (as I promised) the gasoline-tubes from the barrels to the engine (through the bottom of the trough).

Photography No. 3

shows the antenna of the CB-radio.
It is fixed with a holder at the gutter!
Yesss, gentlemen! Not much far in the past cars were built with such a thing alongside their roof-lines. And you could drive through rain and with working wipers with an open window without the need of wearing a diver-suit!
The spiral spring at the base I'd created by using a sewing-needle: I'd opend the needle's eye a bit to insert the (later) antenna's wire.
Then, I did the first half-winding, removed the wire from the eye again, turned the needle for 180° and did the rest of the windings for the spiral.
I'd only need a flat needle-nose pliers (duckbill-pliers?) to make the first half-winding.
And: the spring works... like in reality!

And the 4th photographic reproduction

shows the errect antenna for the car radio.
Remember (some do, I think): In the past this antennas weren't  integrated into the windscreen... you could physically touch them and you could rise and down them by your own hands... if they didn't work electrically in the luxury version!
Such a car radio is not a fault: Maybe a radio-amateur is surviving and is broadcasting on one of the formerly wellknown frequencies, you can find some other survivours.
Who knows!

But now it will be the end of my Zombinator-report for the present.
Don't be sad, I will tell you the reason immedeately:
Now, the Porsche is finished, except some equippement for the passengers cabin and applying some dust and other weathering and/or crap.
Now I will reassemble the Peterbilt-Zombieplough, adding primer and paint it and built some additional equippement for both the vehicles.
While working at the truck the Porsche will completed step by step and when the Peterbilt is ready, the Porsche will be ready also and I will present them together in a special issue.

Norbert
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 02:52:15 AM by GTX_Admin »
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline MaxHeadroom

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2014, 03:22:42 AM »
Thx a lot, Greg!

Norbert

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2014, 03:26:11 AM »
No problem.  I love the level of detail you put into your kits. :)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline MaxHeadroom

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2014, 04:24:21 AM »
Again: thx a loooooooooooooot, Greg!!! (Please correct my english, if really neccessary!)

I love to be a part of BtS!

Norbert

Offline uncle les

• Aussie Whiffer Extraordinaire!
  • The man behind the models of the same name...
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2014, 04:31:06 AM »
Neato.   Kermit the Zombinator certainly captures the feel of the genre...   :D

Offline MaxHeadroom

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2014, 05:29:38 AM »
I'll try my best!

Norbert