Modelling > Engineering Dept.

Aircraft Weapons Systems (Gun Pods, Rockets, etc.)

<< < (4/13) > >>

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: jcf on June 06, 2014, 07:37:16 AM ---Built one years ago for my nephew with five gunpods in Canuck F-104-stylie all-green cammo.  ;D

--- End quote ---

;D. I don't suppose you have any photos?

Sounds like a modern version of this:

ChernayaAkula:
Sweet -16, Kitnut!  :) Any idea what you're going to do in terms of decals?

Since Euro 1 looks that good on the Viper, I suppose SEA wrap-around wouldn't look half-bad either....

Rickshaw:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on June 06, 2014, 03:03:45 AM ---

--- End quote ---

While I suspect its the problem with colour reproduction, that what I assume is actually dark grey looks almost blue.  Makes an interesting alternative camouflage colour...

kitnut617:

--- Quote from: ChernayaAkula on June 06, 2014, 09:20:32 AM ---Sweet -16, Kitnut!  :) Any idea what you're going to do in terms of decals?

--- End quote ---

I had thought of using some F-4 decals, but not found any.  Anyone got a suggestion for a decal sheet I could use ? 1/72 of course ---

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: ChernayaAkula on June 06, 2014, 09:20:32 AM ---Sweet -16, Kitnut!  :) Any idea what you're going to do in terms of decals?

Since Euro 1 looks that good on the Viper, I suppose SEA wrap-around wouldn't look half-bad either....
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: kitnut617 on June 06, 2014, 08:57:37 PM ---I had thought of using some F-4 decals, but not found any.  Anyone got a suggestion for a decal sheet I could use ? 1/72 of course ---
--- End quote ---

That particular variant of the F-16 never appealed to me as I considered it a waste of a limited resource.  However with that being said, it did spur the development and fielding of the GE 30mm gun pod so that was nice as it then became a scale model in the Hasegawa weapons sets and showed up in the Revell 1:32nd scale F-15E kit.  So it did prove useful for modelers :)  I know ESCI did offer a 1:72nd scale model with the appropriate decals for the A-16/F-16 in the European One Camouflage Scheme.  If you happen to find that old and out of production kit you would have at the very least a reference to the markings and painting.  I may have seen that kit on the shelf recently at the Skyway Model Shop. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version