General Category > New Model Kit News/Reviews

Takom Models

<< < (93/104) > >>

GTX_Admin:

ChernayaAkula:
The Modelling News reports - LINK! - that TAKOM is set to release a 1/35 M103 series.

Woohoo!  :icon_beer: After Dragon dropped the ball, I was puzzled that Trumpeter didn't do one. Now that TAKOM will have one, I expect Trumpeter won't be far behind.

Really looking forward to these.
Have a plan for an updated M103 in Bundewehr service with a salad of numbers and letters. M103A2GA2xyz. Updated FCS (as on Leo1A5), some German additions like commander's cupola, MG3, smoke dischargers, Leo 1A5-style add-on armour,....
Not sold on heavy side skirts, though, as I quite like the look of the open running gear.
Want to do something similar to an M60.

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: ChernayaAkula on February 16, 2023, 02:24:38 AM ---The Modelling News reports - LINK! - that TAKOM is set to release a 1/35 M103 series.

Woohoo!  :icon_beer: After Dragon dropped the ball, I was puzzled that Trumpeter didn't do one. Now that TAKOM will have one, I expect Trumpeter won't be far behind.

Really looking forward to these.
Have a plan for an updated M103 in Bundewehr service with a salad of numbers and letters. M103A2GA2xyz. Updated FCS (as on Leo1A5), some German additions like commander's cupola, MG3, smoke dischargers, Leo 1A5-style add-on armour,....
Not sold on heavy side skirts, though, as I quite like the look of the open running gear.
Want to do something similar to an M60.
--- End quote ---
Nice! 
I made the mistake of purchasing the DML/Dragon Black Label M103A1 and found the kit to be a bit disappointing.  Your what-if Bundeswehr M103A2GA2xyz sounds like a an excellent project.  Top loading air cleaners are certainly a must plus the laser range finder to replace the stereoscopic range finder are two of the things I want to add to my M103A3 (RISE-Passive). 

finsrin:
Like to do those mods to M3 Lee.

kim margosein:
I would like to see the M103 around in someone's service long enough for Operation Desert Storm with the whole ODS gazoo.  You know, skirts, smoke grenades by the score, maybe some reactive armor.  Can't figure out who'd have it.  Maybe Syria?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version