Current and Finished Projects > Scifi and Fantasy

Rocketship from indy film "Destination Planet Negro"

(1/2) > >>

bluesman:

Director of Photography Matt Jacobson adjusting the model for "flight"

The Bluesman making more adjustments

Beauty shot, you can see the support rod for the model and a part of the reflector in the corner.

Rocket guts

Set up

Hangar shot

Miniature set

These are shots from the upcoming indie film "Destination Planet Negro", written and directed by Kevin Wilmot. I spent a week assisting our Director of Photography with building the rocket, the hangar, setting up shots and even did a location shoot. I am not a liberty to give any plot points, but this film is a 1950's sci fi spoof so we used old fashioned effects standards, models, c stands, black velvet curtains, but we were shooting with an advanced Red digital camera. There will be a little CG but not too much.

Photos by Matt Jacobson and Justin Miller

Kerick:
It has that 50's look to it. Let us know when the film comes out. I haven't seen good model work on film in a while.

Jeffry Fontaine:
Really nice to see that "old school" methods are still in use to make a film. 

Brian da Basher:

--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on January 28, 2013, 03:42:22 AM ---Really nice to see that "old school" methods are still in use to make a film.

--- End quote ---

Indeed! Thank you for this post, Bluesman. It's always a treat to see your latest!

Brian da Basher

Alvis 3.1:
Awesome model and beautiful in space shots. Is that the 1/16 Pegasus X-1 used as the base for the rocket?

Alvis 3.1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version