Modelling > Land

M8 Greyhound and M20 Armored Utility Car (M8 Scout Car)

<< < (3/11) > >>

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: ChernayaAkula on December 30, 2011, 09:45:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: Frank3k on December 30, 2011, 09:32:22 AM ---
--- Quote from: ChernayaAkula on December 30, 2011, 08:58:39 AM ---Yup! Some countries in South America used (use???) the Maxson M45 Quadmount mount (as on the M16 MGMC) on M8 Greyhounds. Looks rather wild.

--- End quote ---

Damm! There goes a whiff!
<...>

--- End quote ---

:-[ Sorry!

How about this, then:
Pretty interesting in and of itself, how about this turret fitted to an M8?

DN-V Búfalo
Mexican-built DN-5 Toro (looking a lot like an LAV-150) with the 75mm turret of an M8 Howitzer Motor Carriage. Apparently very much the only self-propelled artillery in the Mexican Army.

--- End quote ---

Hi Frank,

Hope your "care package" has arrived by now. 

I did consider stuffing the Bushmaster remote weapons station inside of the M8 turret but I liked the additional height provided by the raised bulkhead around the passenger compartment on the M20.  It would give the guys inside under cover some much needed headroom.   Fitting a flat sheet of plastic over the opening would proved the roof or maybe go one further and cut the roof section from the Tamiya Bushmaster HMMWV kit and use that as the roof on the M20.  That way you have all of the turret features without any extra effort. 

Hi Moritz,

That M8 HMC turret on the V-150/XM706 looks darn good.  I just picked up an Italeri LVT(A)4 (75mm howitzer turret) with the idea of attempting to mate that turret to one of the M8 kits. 

finsrin:
Those South America folks did a perfect kit bash in 1/1 scale on that M8.
Some where (back of closet?) I have M8 with Sherman turret 76mm kit bash done in 1972-73.

Gingie:
BGen Rockingham's Greyhound converted to a tactical CP in the Korean war. Markings are not accurate... which partially explains why its not finished, I keep hoping to scrape off the wrong #'s and apply some correct ones before flat coating & weathering:

Weaver:
Wonder what a Saladin or Scorpion turret would look like on one? Might need a spacer ring to get adequate gun depression over the driver's "hood" on the Scorpion.

Weaver:
Fetching blue civvie one:

It could just be somebody's innovative family saloon, but it also occurred to me that it could be a forgotten movie prop. Image from here, but no answers unfortunately:

http://www.thestreetpeep.com/2010/08/6x6.html

Looks like a cool website BTW.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version