Author Topic: NAS Oceana Virginia Air Show Sept 14-16 2012  (Read 2847 times)

Offline Cliffy B

• Ship Whiffer Extraordinaire...master of Beyond Visual Range Modelling
  • Its ZOTT!!!
    • My Artwork
NAS Oceana Virginia Air Show Sept 14-16 2012
« on: September 15, 2012, 08:27:32 AM »
I know its last minute but I just heard about it, NAS Oceana in Virginia Beach, VA will be hosting its annual Air Show Sept 14-16, 2012.

Here's a link to the performers and the schedule.  Gates open at 8AM and the Blue Angles go n last at 3PM.  Notable performances will be the USAF Heritage Flight and the USN Legacy Tailhook Flight, neither should be missed by anyone interested.  The USAF will be bringing an F-4 Phantom and the USN an SB2C Helldiver!!!!!!!!!!  :woo_hoo:

http://www.oceanaairshow.com/performers
http://www.oceanaairshow.com/schedule

Some other neat acts will be the Black Diamond Team with TWO MiG-17s as well as the Fleet flyby.

Those of you in the area planning to attend make sure you look here about the bridge tunnel closings this weekend for repairs.
http://www.oceanaairshow.com/travel

Tomorrow is going to be a good day and after the week I've had its none to soon.

-Mike
"Radials growl, inlines purr, jets blow!"  -Anonymous

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."  -Tom Clancy

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."  -Anonymous

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: NAS Oceana Virginia Air Show Sept 14-16 2012
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 02:56:53 AM »
Have fun.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Cliffy B

• Ship Whiffer Extraordinaire...master of Beyond Visual Range Modelling
  • Its ZOTT!!!
    • My Artwork
Re: NAS Oceana Virginia Air Show Sept 14-16 2012
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 08:45:38 AM »
Finally got around to going through my 2,400 photos from the air show.  I'll be posting some of the choice shots up here.

First up an L-39 and a Yak-9!  The story of the Yak was a an old Yakoleve factory was found (in the Ukraine I think) with parts for something like 15 FULL Yak-9s in it.  This guy bought one and and got it flying only he swapped the engine for a Merlin IIRC.  That baby purrrrrrred  8)

Next up the LAST flyable SB2C Helldiver in the world!!!  One engine is firewalled and the others and trying their hardest not to stall  8)

Next we have the Black Diamonds an all CIVIE flight team with L-39s and MiG-17s!!!!  The arctic camo is just too cool  8)

That's it for round one.  I'll post more after the storm passes through.

Any and all comments, questions, thoughts, etc... are appreciated as always
-Mike
"Radials growl, inlines purr, jets blow!"  -Anonymous

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."  -Tom Clancy

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."  -Anonymous