Current and Finished Projects > Land

Daihatsu 1957 Midget

(1/7) > >>

Frank3k:
I love this little 3 wheeler. I'm using the Arii '57 Daihatsu Midget as a base kit:

It's listed as 1/32 but I'm declaring it to be 1/35 - it's still a very small vehicle. I've built this one before, about 9 1/2 years ago:

Asimoto Roboto Repair

It'll be in some sort of soft post apocalypse setting, although I haven't decided if I'm going to add a robot. Right now I'm detailing it, based in part on the very detailed pictures of a 1960s version.

Very garish green plastic:

I thought the back wall and roof were made of metal, but they're stretched canvas. So I made a frame from scratch:

Story:
Will it have a methane-gas powered motor?

[then it could be the pig pooper]
Who runs Bartertown?

Frank3k:
I was thinking biodiesel, but methane would work as another easy to make fuel. With a one cylinder engine, either would make for a noisy, stinky ride.

apophenia:

--- Quote from: Frank3k on December 09, 2023, 06:34:00 AM ---... either would make for a noisy, stinky ride.

--- End quote ---

Only utility company-supplied methane has an odorant added. Captured 'biogas' - as in methane digester stoves - is odourless. So, not smelly ... just noisy (and more dangerous!).

Hmmm, ... maybe both the Daihatsu and its robot companion run on bagged methane?  :smiley:

Frank3k:
biogas can be stinky, though. This vehicle is so small that it could carry the driver, a biogas bag and little else. At least for trips beyond, say the next block. Are there other easy to produce (at least not requiring a large facility and infrastructure) fuels? Bio Diesel, biogas and biopropane are the only ones I can think of. Or coal...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version