Author Topic: Dragon's P.1101 - Not quite in time for the War  (Read 1841 times)

Offline Faust

• The man from the Sprue Lagoon...a natural here!
    • The Sprue Lagoon
Dragon's P.1101 - Not quite in time for the War
« on: April 06, 2017, 08:01:53 AM »
I’ve been concentrating on loser cars and realistic airplanes for a while, so I felt the need to get back to the “What If”-side of my personality! I remember back when Dragon first started issuing kits of some of the Luft ’46 projects; I was hooked! I didn’t even know what these planes were, but the models were super-cool. Sadly, they were also more expensive than I was able to pay at the time. Thank goodness for shows and a nice supply of cheap Luft-46iness!

This is the first of the Dragon Luft ’46 kits I’ve built. I know some people say there are fit issues, but this little guy wasn’t too bad at all! Check it out and let me know what you think. I should have bought the nachtjeager version of this thing when I had the chance!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/dragon-172-messerschmitt-p-1101/

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: Dragon's P.1101 - Not quite in time for the War
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 08:27:33 AM »
Good job! :)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 11:36:21 AM »
It looks good! I had the generic version and it was a fiddly kit. Huma had a kit of the real P.1101 (with optional decals to make it as displayed at Bell) but the panel lines didn't line up at all, among other issues.

I have the Valom 1/144 kit, which comes with two P.1101s and two TA-183s.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 02:29:56 AM »
 :)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.