Author Topic: Stargate: SGC F-305 GateHawk  (Read 4565 times)

Offline deathjester

• 'Remember - Tiredness Kills Hedgehogs...!'
  • His Mother-in-law has Tardis pockets...
    • stormfront models
Stargate: SGC F-305 GateHawk
« on: May 24, 2015, 03:44:46 AM »
Alarms blared as the SGC readied itself for the coming operation, defence teams hurrying into position around the Stargate.

General Hammond stood at the huge window overlooking the gateroom, checking everyone was in position.  He nodded, once, to himself, as if to say 'Ok, lets do it'.  Then he turned to Sgt. Harriman "Dial the Alpha Site, Sgt.  Tell them Operation Triple Ripple is a go, then dial P3X 411G as planned"

A short while later, at the Chappa'ai on what the SGC calls P3X 411G...

A detachment of Jaffa had been granted the honour of guarding the 'Ring of the Gods' by their Lord Crellus, a sign of their devotion to their God, when the peace of the early morning was broken by the whirring of Ancient mechanisms as the device came to life.  The Jaffa arrayed themselves in front of the raised dais once the dangerous energy surge had disappeared.  As expected, a Tauri robot scout came through, and the Jaffa braced themselves for an SG team to come through next.  And waited.
And waited some more.

The same time, SGC Gateroom...

The Defence team members grinned cruelly - the were usually on the receiving end of any aggression against the SGC...today was going to be different...

Their Sgt hustled them into position facing the gate after the MALP had gone through, and Hammond, also smiling grimly, gave the order to fire...

To the, albeit brief, horror of the Jaffa by the gate, a virtual hurricane of fire, bullets, grenades, stink bombs etc came pouring through the event horizon instead.  The loud screams, and louder explosions drew the attention of...basically every Jaffa in the immediate vicinity.  Then, abruptly, the gate shut down.

Moments later, the familiar sound of the dialling sequence echoed through the valley again, confusing the Jaffa approaching the gate - who could be coming through now? 

The gate activated with a 'WooSH!!', and for a moment, nothing happened.  Then something big, black and loud burst through the gate, and roared skywards, trailing flames behind it.  Moments later, another strange craft erupted into being, following a similar path upwards.  The leader of the Jaffa sneered; did the Tauri think that this would scare them?  They were the Jaffa, chosen of Crellus - the only...  At this point, one of the Tauri craft flew overhead, and two small objects with petal shaped tails detached, and fell slowly to the ground - the Jaffa barely had time to even think of taking cover before the two Snakeyes detonated a little over 5 metres away...

Lt. Commander John Douglas grinned tightly into his oxygen mask as his F-305 Gatehawk swept over the ruined Jaffa formation - in the distance, his wingman finished putting plasma blasts into a Staff Cannon position.  One more thing to do...he keyed his mic "Gatehawk lead to Alpha Site Control - give Col. O'Neill my regards, and let him know he's all clear to come on through!"

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/11072136_807453022665452_5522730832856172715_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9

« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 08:35:03 AM by deathjester »

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Stargate: SGC F-305 GateHawk
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 04:01:24 AM »
Err...pic not showing
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline deathjester

• stormfront models
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 06:54:11 AM »
I've fixed the link - I hope!  Can't seem to get the photos to appear though...grr!

Offline Cliffy B

• Ship Whiffer Extraordinaire...master of Beyond Visual Range Modelling
  • Its ZOTT!!!
    • My Artwork
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 06:57:22 AM »
LOVE IT!!!!!  And thank you for staring Hammond and not Beau Bridges  ;D
"Radials growl, inlines purr, jets blow!"  -Anonymous

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."  -Tom Clancy

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."  -Anonymous

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 07:00:24 AM »
I like.

Not so sure about having the canard in front of an intake though...

Offline deathjester

• stormfront models
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 07:22:10 AM »
Thank you gents!

The canards are more like fixed stabilisers for high speed flight, and I think that, good as Beau Bridges was, Don S Davis was awesome - so sad he went like that...

This just came to when I was considering what else to build - and thinking about the show, why on earth did they always go through the gate with no, or almost no support?  So I started thinking of ways to get air support through the gate, and here we are!

Offline deathjester

• stormfront models
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 08:27:26 AM »
Crellus pounded the arm of his throne in pure frustration.  First, the accursed SG-1 had walzed uncontested into his stronghold, AND recovered their team member Daniel Jackson.  That loss of face was bad enough, but now they were busily making their escape, thanks to their powerful new fighter capability!  But he would show them; a whole division of his elite Death gliders had been dispatched to deal with the intruders - none could stand before their might! 

His premature gloating was interrupted by the arrival of his First Prime, and his battle report.  The tall Jaffa bowed deeply, and keeping his eyes downcast, spoke in a voice reminiscent of someone chewing gravel; "My Lord, we have not heard any reports from the battle as yet, but an aircraft approaches - perhaps a messenger?"

Crellus immediately rose from his throne, "Then I shall view the triumphant return of my forces - come, to the viewing balcony". With that, the peacock - proud Goa'auld strode to the double doors leading to the balcony he would normally review his troops from.  Once there, they could clearly see an approaching dot closing on them from the East. It was only as it drew closer, that the First Prime began to frown - it was speeding up, and it didn't look like a Deathglider...

He ran to the comm panel by the door, and alerted the defence troops.  As Crellus watched, multiple Staff Cannons aimed skywards from their rooftop mountings - and he grinned in anticipation at the unfriendly reception the Tauri pilot who DARED to attack him was about to receive, when suddenly, the small fighter soared upwards, pulling up into a half loop before rolling right way up and accelerating away, the exhaust flume from its engines clearly visible - a sharp double CRACK echoed down the valley as the aircraft went supersonic.

" Ha!  What cowards - they run before our might!!"  Crowed the First Prime, but Crellus was puzzled: why would the Tauri fighter come here, only to run away...a burst of inspiration hit him, and he looked skyward, to see a small parachute retarded object floating gently towards his palace...a sudden shock of realisation had him racing away from the balcony, desperately trying to activate the rings linked to hi orbiting Hatak, but all far too late, as, upon reaching 500 ft AGL, the Naquadah enhanced WE177D nuclear weapon detonated in a perfect airburst...

Given prior warning by the GateHawks racing away from the blast wave, SG-1, and SG-2 picked themselves up from cover, and carried on to the gate.  As they arrived, SG-11 finished dialling the Alpha Site, and laid out flares to assist the returning fighters lining up on the gate.  Daniel gaped at the sight of the returning fighters, backdropped by the massive mushroom cloud erupting over the palace area.  Just before they gated back to the Alpha Site, Jack took a moment to remark; "Not to worry, Danny boy, when we do a rescue - we do it in style!!"

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 08:58:05 AM »
 :)

It would be interesting to see how it would go against these:

Offline deathjester

• stormfront models
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 09:08:51 AM »
Sweet!!  That's the best picture I've seen of that - hmm, wonder if we could convince Airfix to do a 'Dogfight Double' set of them?!!

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 09:11:26 AM »
Now there's an idea!