Author Topic: A-90 Vista Cruiser  (Read 346 times)

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
A-90 Vista Cruiser
« on: April 17, 2024, 11:22:09 AM »
I've been intrigued by killnoizer's Tupolev landspeeder build on WIM. I was suggesting to him to add a Vista Cruiser dome structure so I decided to put my money where my mouth is. So I got out a 1/144th scale kit of the A-90 Ekranoplan to see what a Black Sea vista cruiser craft would look like.

I was fishing through the collection of canopies I have on hand and some looked like a good start.

I don't know if anything will come of this. Lots of fiddling around with the clear parts to see if I can make anything out of it. I would probably put some windows in the sides of the cabin too. Maybe some Aeroflot markings.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 11:24:27 AM by Kerick »

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
  • Member number 100...WooHoo!!!
Re: A-90 Vista Cruiser
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 08:27:27 PM »
Cool!

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 11:51:04 PM »
Ken - There's a garbage disposal cleaner called Plink that comes in a plastic package with each ball in its own dome (about 1/2" in dia). Google image search

f you don't have any, I'll see if I have any saved up. They would make cool domes for the passengers.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2024, 08:29:25 AM »
maybe ?  Top one was a real concept.

Offline Kerick

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2024, 12:21:54 PM »
I’ll have to think about the domes. It might be a good idea for side windows to let passengers look at the scenery. I have some googly eyes that might work.
I’ve been playing around with the various canopy’s in my stash. I literally have cut and pasted some parts together to see if it would look like vista dome. I haven’t cut into the fuselage yet so it could turn into a search and rescue vehicle.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 12:55:57 PM by Kerick »

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2024, 08:14:03 AM »
it could turn into a search and rescue vehicle.

Like this ?  Again a real factory concept with a model displayed at a sales convention - only without the forward engine that I've added.

Offline Kerick

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2024, 11:27:40 AM »
it could turn into a search and rescue vehicle.

Like this ?  Again a real factory concept with a model displayed at a sales convention - only without the forward engine that I've added.

That’s a good possibility!

Offline Kerick

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2024, 12:16:53 PM »
Here's what the Vista Cruiser might look like.

Lots of sanding to get the dome to fit properly. Let's see if I can break it just before its finished!

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2024, 01:11:57 PM »
Still not too late to reconsider making this an "air-yacht" for some Russian Oil Tycoon.  :smiley:
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Kerick

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2024, 11:43:25 PM »
That’s also a good idea. I’ve been thinking of a SAR mission for some country with a long coastline along the Mediterranean Sea like Italy or Greece. I would have to cut or engrave a large door on the side in front of the wing. That might be a good idea just for boarding the passengers on the Vista Cruiser.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2024, 01:35:45 AM »
That’s also a good idea. I’ve been thinking of a SAR mission for some country with a long coastline along the Mediterranean Sea like Italy or Greece. I would have to cut or engrave a large door on the side in front of the wing. That might be a good idea just for boarding the passengers on the Vista Cruiser.

I would go Greek - they already have some Zubr-class LCACs
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.