Author Topic: Italeri  (Read 72141 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Italeri
« on: December 15, 2011, 12:34:41 PM »
Michael Benolkin has posted a review of the Italeri 1/35 Vosper 72.5' MTB 77 kit that provides images and a description of the kit contents.  This is certainly nice kit with the exception of the price which might be a real turn off for those that are modeling on a restricted budget.  Though I suspect that anyone interested in this subject will find a way to come up with the cash. 

(image source - CyberModeler)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:04:57 PM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
Re: Italeri
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 04:04:51 PM »
Last year I acquired two of the Italeri 1/48th scale WW2 German Aircraft Weapons Set (Kit Number 2691)
Click on html or image to view product page at Italeri.com

(Image source: Italeri.com)

I had not bothered to do anything with them due to other things having priority in the pile of kits I have in "protective custody" and so they sat.  I finally had a chance to sit down and inspect the contents of the kit and was both pleased and disappointed at the contents of these weapons sets.  If you are looking to bomb up your aircraft model, there are enough bombs in a variety of sizes and shapes to satisfy that need.  The kit containes the following items on two parts sprues: 

2 X SC 1000 Bomb
2 X SC 250 ZAR Anti-Ricochet Bomb
2 X SC 250 Bomb
4 X SC 50 Bomb
2 X SD 1700 Bomb
2 X SD 250 Bomb
2 X PC 1400 Armor Piercing Bomb
2 X PD 500 Armor Piercing Bomb
2 X 900 Liter Fuel Tank
2 X 300 Liter Fuel Tank
2 X WB 81 Machine Gun Pod
2 X AB 70 Cluster Bomb
2 X AB 250 Cluster Bomb
2 X AB 500 Cluster Bomb
2 X ER 4 Multiple Bomb Rack
16 X Whistles to enhance the noise of the bomb during its fall to the target

If you plan to construct the ER 4 Multiple Bomb Rack you have sufficient SC 50 Bombs to complete one full rack.  There are only two of the AB 70 Cluster Bombs included in the kit so a second kit is required to if you wish to load up your ER 4 Multiple Bomb Rack with a full load of AB 70 Cluster Bombs. 

The little Whistles provided in the kit are quite small and at a glance I suppose they could pass for the whistles that were often attached to the real bombs to enhance the terror effect during air raids but trying to attach them to the bomb fins will be a challenge as there are no positioning pin holes or indentations on the bomb fins to indicate where they are to be mounted. 

The one item that I was very pleased to see was the gun pod containing no less than six machine gun barrels.  The fit of the pod is a bit off so when it is assembled there will be a need to sand the edges of the nose cap in order to get the diameter reduced so that it will blend in with the two sides halves of the pod that make up the unit.  The very small machine gun barrels are designed to fit in to the three holes in the nose cap and appear to do so without much effort or fitting. 

Aside from the soft plastic and some fit issues with certain parts, the kit is a great source for WW2 German aircraft ordnance and if it can be found for a discounted price you could benefit by adding this to your parts box for your future model aircraft projects. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:07:29 PM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 03:16:21 AM »
Was someone after a 1/72 Reaper UCAS a while back?

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Cliffy B

• Ship Whiffer Extraordinaire...master of Beyond Visual Range Modelling
  • Its ZOTT!!!
    • My Artwork
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 04:16:00 AM »
I wasn't but I am now!!!!

Now if only a 1/144 version was available...
"Radials growl, inlines purr, jets blow!"  -Anonymous

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."  -Tom Clancy

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."  -Anonymous

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 08:53:33 AM »
Italeri's Reaper is a reboxed Skunkmodels Workshop Reaper. However, Skunkmodels includes two complete kits per package. I don't know whether Italeri does, but it would surprise me.

<...>
Now if only a 1/144 version was available...

There is! LINK! All-resin kit from Japan and with the price tag to match, though.

------------------------------------------

Something completely different:
Italeri is asking us for our opinions! LINK!  8) Let them hear we want a 1/72 AMX!  >:D
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Daryl J.

• Assures us he rarely uses model glue in dentistry
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 10:06:22 AM »
I see the Saetta 2a Serie is now available.
That's for my 'Someday' list.   :D
kwyxdxLg5T

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 06:15:39 PM »
I'd be happier if it were 1/48...

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 09:32:19 AM »
210 Sqdn decal :)  now I could do my uncle's bird. :P

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 11:29:03 AM »

I thought I had seen something about a 1/48th scale Sunderland but a quick search of the interweb shows that there is a 1/32nd scale multi-media kit of the Sunderland available via the Sea Wings web site from a company called Tigger Models.  The kit for sale is at this link: Tigger Models 1/32nd scale Short Sunderland Mk.1/2

The kit under construction by Bryan Ribbans of Sea Wings is at this link: Tigger Models 1/32nd scale Sunderland Build Log.  According to the reviewer the kit was available from Pacific Coast Models, Santa Rosa, California

Sea Wings Blog

Sea Wings

A little further digging and I did come up with a hit for a Sunderland in 1/48th scale that was selling for just a few dollars shy of $300.00 when it was available.  Alpha Flight 1/48th scale Sunderland kit preview at CyberModeler with pictures of the RESIN parts
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 09:29:51 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 04:16:53 PM »
Yeah I was aware of the Alpha Flight one...but they are rarer then Hen's teeth it would appear!

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 07:52:54 PM »
Yeah I was aware of the Alpha Flight one...but they are rarer then Hen's teeth it would appear!

Sharing a niche with the likes of the Aero Club 1/48th scale Vulcan it would seem.  Shame too as there would be some very happy modelers if both were to be made available in Classic Airframes quantities or some other limited run injection plastic kit. 

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 08:54:18 PM »

Combat Models does one Greg, vacuform and resin detail parts package -- US$63.70

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 11:10:13 AM »

In box kit reviews of the Italeri 1/72nd scale Shorts Sunderland Mk.1 are now available from:

CyberModeler/Michael Benolkin - Italeri Sunderland Mk.I

Hyperscale/Brett Green/ - Italeri Sunderland Mk.I

CyberModeler

HyperScale
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 02:42:09 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 02:25:14 AM »
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 02:42:41 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 02:00:45 PM »

CyberModeler in box kit review - Italeri PT-109

Click on thumbnail image or html to view

Main page CyberModeler

Offline Daryl J.

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2012, 02:23:43 AM »
1:72 AMX, and it is in a puzzle box. 
kwyxdxLg5T

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2012, 04:51:58 AM »
^ Is it really 1/72? I thought it was a rather simple 1/100 snap-fit kit.  ???
Cheers,
Moritz

Offline Daryl J.

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 05:32:44 AM »
1:72 Short Stirling....rumored.   

Edit: confirmed
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:26:27 PM by Daryl J. »
kwyxdxLg5T

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 06:18:00 AM »
Typical, and typically garbled, Benolkin 'review'.
"navalized Packard Liberty" ?, geez, do some research dude, the Packard 4M-2500
series was not based on the Liberty, it was a clean sheet design.
“Conspiracy theory’s got to be simple.
Sense doesn’t come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated shit
actually is than they ever are about
whatever’s supposed to be behind the
conspiracy.”
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 06:52:13 PM »
Garbled reviews and something that really irritates me more is his willingness to allow certain personalities to continue to post kit reviews that have no images of the sprues.  In this day of cheap and affordable digital cameras the reviewer in question has no excuse for not providing images to support the review but continues to generate them just the same. 

That aside, CyberModeler has uploaded images of the 2013 Italeri catalog that you can view one page at a time with plenty of pictures (link is dead)

1:35th scale X-Craft FTW! :)  Wonder how much that is going to be? 

***edit to remove dead links to CyberModeler since these links are no longer active :(
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 07:06:05 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »

Offline Rickshaw

• "Of course, I could be talking out of my hat"
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 07:57:59 PM »
Much cheaper than the resin ones which are already available?

I particularly like the painting of the X-craft.  Looks sinister.  ;D

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2013, 03:33:42 AM »
New F-35A in 1/72!  8) Yeah, baby!

No AMX though. Bummer! :icon_crap:
Cheers,
Moritz

Offline Daryl J.

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2013, 12:27:58 PM »
Meerazh Sank!   With injection moulded nubbins and gubbins suitable for a Nesher or Dagger. :)
kwyxdxLg5T

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 06:23:58 AM »
I have an almost finished RPM FT-17 and just started on the separate link tracks! Maybe I'll just wait for the Italeri kit.