Author Topic: Another "Proto-Kreml" Derivative  (Read 4671 times)

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
Another "Proto-Kreml" Derivative
« on: February 21, 2017, 07:36:50 AM »
Life is wonderful.

I am being sarcastic with that previous sentence.

Anyhoo, now that my life has once again attained some sort of temporary stability, I need a morale booster.  Something, in addition to finishing that existing project, that can help me deal with the embarrassment of failing to meet deadlines twice for the previous GB.

Recall my fascination with what the Russians did with the carrier-cruiser idea (or what we thought the Russians did with it).

I'm gonna declare it once again my victim.

As for how I'm going to butcher it......

For one, after having encountered some newer Shipbucket illustrations of other Soviet aircraft-carrying cruisers, I think I can bring it a bit closer to the standard of those newer drawings.

Also, I found a fan-art of a F-14 Tomcat modified with the seating arrangement of the Sea Vixen over the internet as well.  And as the attachment suggests, the Sylver VLS family is actually shorter than the launcher for the S-300F; I don't know the exact dimensions of the VLS for the P-700 Granit, but considering the Granit missile is longer (10m v.s. 7~7.5m), I'd think it safer to assume that its VLS cell is deeper than the one used by the S-300F as well...... yup, I think Sylver A70 can go in their places......

Pretty sure I can do something with that information, too.  'can't think of a backstory justification for it yet, but what the hell.

To be continued......
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 11:15:42 AM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
Re: Another "Proto-Kreml" Derivative
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 07:31:08 PM »
A Tomcat with a Seavixen cockpit arrangement, interesting whiff and the opposite of my aspiration, a Seavixen with a Tomcat cockpit arrangement?

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 01:07:30 PM »
You were saying...

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline dy031101

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 11:47:13 AM »
Let's see......

Updated

The integrated mast houses a RAN-40L volume search radar within and a Sampson multi-function radar at the top.

I feel that the S1850M is too big to be put into that mast, and any future ABM capability of the PAAM lies with the multi-function radar anyway.

I realized that the main mast is really tall; some height could be shaved off, I suppose, if I only use the Sampson radar, but I am rather uncomfortable with using only one search radar set on a cruiser or carrier......

Not well-endowed with anti-submarine weapons (only a Bofors mortar at the bow), but then again, she does carry Rotodyne ASW......

Comments and suggestions welcomed.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 07:57:21 AM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 02:30:01 AM »
Thanks GTX for this wonderful drawing :-* :-*

Offline dy031101

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 07:57:03 AM »
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 02:30:32 PM by dy031101 »

Offline dy031101

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 02:12:41 PM »
What I am doing with the extension:

Can I get a second opinion on the deck marking......?

Thanks in advance.