Author Topic: Finnish 'Aggressor' Hornet ? ...  (Read 3049 times)

Offline tsrjoe

• Has been volunteered... for something...
Finnish 'Aggressor' Hornet ? ...
« on: August 11, 2012, 08:56:53 AM »
Finnish 'Aggressor' Hornet ?

... during a summer trip to Helsinki, whilst there doing my usual visits of museums i wandered into the military museum in Helsinki which had an interesting lil promotional/recruitment video showing Hornet flight operations, one thing that really caught my eye was one in an overall very dark (temporary black?) scheme F.18C Hornet, coded HN-444 which was seemingly being used as an 'aggressor' during acm. definately something i hadnt seen noted elsewhere and certainly a lil different from the norm.

Iv also found the same video on 'youtube' ...

Black Hornet ...

! Video not found

Offline tsrjoe

Re: Finnish 'Aggressor' Hornet ? ...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 08:59:22 AM »
... the snaps make the aircraft look darker than it seems in the footage as the serial number is stil visible against the darkened surface, so i was thinking some kind of temporary 'black wash' over the normal grey scheme ?

Offline tsrjoe

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 09:01:11 AM »
from the amazingly prolific hand of John Lacey (maverick) ... a profile of HN-444 as discussed ...

many thanks, cheers, Joe

Offline tsrjoe

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 09:05:55 AM »
iv since found out from an Ilmavoimat pilot at Kauhava that the Hornet i surmised was in a possible 'aggressor' scheme' was in actuality 'photoshopped' to appear dark emphasising an enemy type in the footage, bummer!

ah well, no matter, i do really like the concept and decided to model it as a 'what if' anyway from the excellent Academy kit  ;D

cheers, Joe   

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 10:28:49 AM »
I remember seeing that same video when I was there a few years ago.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline tsrjoe

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 04:14:29 AM »
another one completed after a hiatus on the shelf for over a year now, oops, tut tut, piccies to follow ... admittedly the finish turned out a bit less 'patchy' and more even than planned  ::) (i had tried to emulate a thin black covering over a standard finish)

next up are a couple of Hawks in overall black as an ACM. aggressor (one for the shelf the other as a gift for a friend who is a pilot in that role) 8)

cheers, Joe