Author Topic: Waffentrager Tiger + 17cm gun  (Read 3632 times)

Offline stevegallacci

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Waffentrager Tiger + 17cm gun
« on: June 19, 2015, 01:28:55 PM »
The Trumpeter kit dressed up into a operational machine, brackets for cables and skirts and pioneer tools added as well as some misc. stuff inside the gun compartment. The gun carriage is modified a bit to be fixed in the hull as mobile artillery rather than simply being carried into an emplacement. Still need to add a recoil spade.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Waffentrager Tiger + 17cm gun
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 04:26:53 AM »
Looks good.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 06:34:37 AM »
 :) looks neat. would like to see it with the skirts & overhead armour for the crew.

need to get one of these ... fold the sides down & mount Takoms new twin Flak ;)

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 09:33:48 AM »
Really nice work on the paint

Offline stevegallacci

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 11:04:20 AM »
:) looks neat. would like to see it with the skirts & overhead armour for the crew.
Overhead armor? Never seen any ref for that. The skirts would likely be shallower and untapered versions of Tiger skirts.

need to get one of these ... fold the sides down & mount Takoms new twin Flak ;)
The 12cm Flakzwilling is likely too big for the hull (?) On the other hand, I've got a very cunning plan for an armored transport for the unit that I've had around for decades. On the other, other hand, I've got a plan for an E-50 type suspension version of the waffentrager to carry a one meter mortar (more of a rocket projector, but really 100cm calibre)

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 03:23:55 PM »
The 12cm Flakzwilling is likely too big for the hull (?)

possibly ... or possibly not - all those Pz-38t-based waffentragers were overloaded (recoil) but they still got off the drawing-board (shake-head emoticon) .... I have widened a few hulls now so the Flakzwilling's size wouldn't be a problem ;D

On the other, other hand, I've got a plan for an E-50 type suspension version of the waffentrager to carry a one meter mortar (more of a rocket projector, but really 100cm calibre)

Ditto !!  must get back to my Sturm-Elephant (SturmTiger/ Elephant combo).

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 03:27:07 AM »
The 12cm Flakzwilling is likely too big for the hull

Bah!  Put the Flakzwilling on a Hetzer hull...after all it was used for just about everything else... ;)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 06:26:40 AM »
The 12cm Flakzwilling is likely too big for the hull
Bah!  Put the Flakzwilling on a Hetzer hull...after all it was used for just about everything else... ;)
a true fire and forget-one shot weapon system :)
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg