Author Topic: Old Wombat's Old Stuff (Pt.2)  (Read 3469 times)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Old Wombat's Old Stuff (Pt.2)
« on: December 14, 2013, 05:37:23 PM »
This is Part 2 & will feature my Hovertank.

Build album slideshow link: http://s459.photobucket.com/user/GPlachy/slideshow/Hovertank

(Note: 2 pic's of someone's BMP-based hover-AFV go in there, somehow, they are NOT a build of mine - I only wish I was that good!)

:)

Guy
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Old Wombat's Old Stuff (Pt.2)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 03:03:28 AM »
Sweet! :)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 03:49:42 AM »
What were the major parts that you used to create the turret and body?  Fabrication the air-cushion skirt from foam was a brilliant idea. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 04:16:18 AM »
Ah, let's see if I can remember. :-\

The hull is the upper half of the body of a nerf-disc shooter toy (I still have one in my "Found Things" stash, somewhere).
I think the turret is mostly part of the hand-grip of a stupid toy where the players try to give each other electric shocks.
Can't remember what the bustle is but the radome is made from a plastic capsule that had.... something in it.

Everything, except for some styrene, auto-body putty, glues & paint, came from one of the local op shop's.

Guy
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
  • Lost but now foun .... nope - still lost!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 05:37:44 AM »
It's really interesting to see the sources of the components underneath, you've a good eye .......  :icon_beer:

Brent

Offline Dr. YoKai

• Was in High School when mastadons roamed the plains...
  • A notorious curmudgeon who is partial to...hemp!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 05:26:12 AM »
 Boy, I haven't been paying attention lately! great concept - I especially like the armored dome covers for the intakes.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 10:42:30 PM »
Boy, I haven't been paying attention lately! great concept - I especially like the armored dome covers for the intakes.

You should have paid more attention to the Hover Tanks Theme Build on Starship Modeler back in '09/10, Doc, 'coz that's where this build 1st appeared. ;)

Guy