Author Topic: New additions to The Honduras armoured corps.  (Read 3858 times)

Offline Diavel

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
New additions to The Honduras armoured corps.
« on: November 21, 2012, 11:49:13 PM »
Here is 4 new additions to the Honduras armoured corps, these are a third of the 12 vehicles delivered from Germany, and comprise of two each of the vehicles. The Honduras army uses a lot of German armour, some new most refurbished, and these vehicles are all refurbished and brought up to date with all current electronics and data link equipment used by the Honduras army. These vehicles will be part of a newly formed brigade within the armoured corps, and be  high mobility assault units. Each unit comprising of one PZH 2000, one marder 1, one Gepard SPAAG and one Leopard 2 tank. The units will be constantly moving into occupied territory to seek out Cartel bases, air fields and observation posts. The troops carried within the Marder will be tasked with both defense of the unit and reconnaissance sorties, looking for and identifying cartel held ground. If the area is too big or difficult for the unit to attack by itself, the coordinates will be sent to the nearest airbase so as an air strike can be called in. The vehicles were chosen also for their shoot and scoot ability, the PZH 2000 being able to drop heavy ordnance on to key Cartel  positions, then vanish before the Cartel are able to react.

Chris.
Just call me the thread killer.

Offline Doom!

• Slayer of pixels and plastic!
  • Glad to be here!
    • Doom Island 2
Re: New additions to The Honduras armoured corps.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 12:55:24 AM »
Chris, looks like your Hondurans mean business!  :)
Doom!
Jeff G.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 05:33:18 AM »
nice models ..... that PZH-2000 looks enormous !!!

Who makes the Gepard ... Revell ?? didn't know about that kit.

Offline Diavel

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 06:20:27 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys, all but the Gepard are revell 1/72nd scale kits, I have to confess to cheating with the Gepard as I was unable to find a kit in my chosen scale. it is a part diecast part plastic model that I found in a second hand shop for £4, for that price I really could not pass on it, as I was wanting at least one of these for ages. The pictures seem to hide the brush painting which I am stuck with doing as I still don't have anywhere to use my air brush safely. I am part way through building am Elephant tank transporter too,which the PZH 2000 came with along with a Ferret recon vehicle. The truck is at a standstill as it's glazing film has gone missing. I do wish someone would make some replacement styrene windows for revell's vehicles, either that or revell have a rethink on it.
Cheers
Chris   

Offline ed s

• An outstanding, creative builder.
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 01:56:43 PM »
That is some nice looking armor.

Well done.

Ed

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 12:28:18 AM »
DO you have any more pics of the Marder? The 20mm/30mm turret looks interesting. They all look great for 1/72.

Offline Diavel

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 03:59:40 AM »
Hya Frank,
I will get some more pictures done for you tomorrow if the weather is ok outside, then I should be able to do some better detail pics for you.
Thanks for the comments everyone.
Chris.

Offline arc3371

• Takes no responsibility should anyone try to turn the drawings into plastic...but we will still hold him accountable for the madness that ensues!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 04:13:42 AM »
An impressive line up

Offline Diavel

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 04:29:03 AM »
I haven't got round to doing some more detailed pics of the marder yet, but I will do some when my current builds are finished, as I have two more anti aircraft vehicles nearly done. One is another Gepard the other an AMX-30 R.
Cheers
Chris.