Author Topic: CA-23 ALL WEATHER FIGHTER PROJECT 1/8 SCALE  (Read 4007 times)

Offline brianwalker01

• Has worked on some of the oldest and most historic planes in Australia
  • Working on a 1/8 CAC CA-23...seriously!!!
CA-23 ALL WEATHER FIGHTER PROJECT 1/8 SCALE
« on: January 13, 2013, 05:03:37 PM »
CA-23 ALL WEATHER FIGHTER PROJECT 1/8 SCALE                 

HI IT’S BRIAN.

My project of the CA-23 is going well I have built a fuselage jig and made the 22 fuselage formers when I bolted the formers in,  I found formers on right side was not same as the left side of formers  A TO I  but formers J K1 to K10 were ok but formers K11 K12 were wrong . I spoke to gentleman who did the enlarging and said the enlarging could have curse the  error ,so I made a templates using the port side of the formers and remade formers A to I, and all so i redid former K11 K12 and when you see the fuselage photos you will see how good they came out. I have built the wing and bolted the wing ribs in to place and I will mark strings and check them in .I have built jigs for fin and for the all- moving tail plane I have bolted the ribs in place see the photos, I will mark the strings and check them in, this will be a hard job because the ribs are small. I will be coving the air craft with .08 and 1 mm balsa sheet .When you see the photos you will see the work involved and that is the way I build my aircraft, I was looking at a document ca-23 project terminated. I believe in mid-1950 a one sixth scale model was built for wind tunnel tests. And a one tenth scale model was produced in January 1951 to accommodate changes in the fuselage, wing, tail and undercarriage, By late 1951 the ca-23 project was at a standstill for more pressing projects.

Duncan, the Wamira original plans have faded and if you would to try save them you can have the plans. If you happen to make a 172 model to scale I would like one. I will post you all another update on the CA23 in a couple of weeks.

Regards

Brian                               

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: CA-23 ALL WEATHER FIGHTER PROJECT 1/8 SCALE
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 05:06:19 PM »
Looking good Brian.  Glad to have you here.

Did you receive my PM re those Wamira plans?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 12:33:29 AM »
It looks like professional work of an aircraft manufacturer...

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 08:05:57 AM »

Indeed! Most impressive!

Brian da Basher

Offline brianwalker01

• Has worked on some of the oldest and most historic planes in Australia
  • Working on a 1/8 CAC CA-23...seriously!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 05:50:53 PM »

Indeed! Most impressive!

Brian da Basher

I worked at CAC for 39 years in the 70's where I worked in a flight hanger there was one time I was lifting a Macchi injection seat out of an aircraft and the droge gun fired and hit me in the side of the chest and I'm still here today. I have done alot of work on some of the oldest and most historic planes in  Australia such as the Sabre, Cerea crop duster prototype to name a few. I have worked on most of the planes that went through CAC.

Thanks Brian

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 07:51:15 PM »
Are models "fun" for you anyway? or just utilitarian machines?